Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No, leave it as is.

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Keep it, but redesign it.

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Nick

-
I'm thinking about a redesign of the BCP website and would like to ask for any suggestions from the community. Also, the logo has been largely unchanged for about 8 years now. Is it time to kick the cairn? Back when we created this, cairns weren't nearly the problem they are now with people building them all over where they shouldn't be. Thoughts?

I'm feeling like a site redesign with a sandstone vibe. I know that I'm more of a desert rat, so I'm biased that way, but I love the look of tan/brown hues with blue sky. For example, I recently threw together this logo for my business, Sandstone Logic, that is the official business entity behind BCP. I like the illustration on the left and think it could be a good inspiration for future design. Maybe throw in a bunch of ponderosas and such to include the forest/mountain vibe.

Sandstone-Logic-onwhite.png

I'm feeling like a site redesign with a sandstone vibe. I know that I'm more of a desert rat, so I'm biased that way, but I love the look of tan/brown hues with blue sky. For example, I recently threw together this logo for my business, Sandstone Logic, that is the official business entity behind BCP. I like the illustration on the left and think it could be a good inspiration for future design. Maybe throw in a bunch of ponderosas and such to include the forest/mountain vibe.

View attachment 95463
I dig it. Especially because ponderosas are my favorite trees. There's no denying that we've got a heavy bent toward Colorado Plateau stuff on here, so the sandstone/desert theme is fitting. And I think that the Colorado Plateau emphasis is great because I can't think of anywhere else online that's as good of a resource for that area. Not to toot our own horn, but for real.

Members could post their own ideas or designs.
Sandstone is a good vibe.

Every time I've checked this, the results are perfectly split. Wild! The fact that half leans toward killing it is a pretty strong indicator.

1610774998464.png

I'm thinking about a redesign of the BCP website and would like to ask for any suggestions from the community. Also, the logo has been largely unchanged for about 8 years now. Is it time to kick the cairn? Back when we created this, cairns weren't nearly the problem they are now with people building them all over where they shouldn't be. Thoughts?
What's the old saying? If it aint broke don't fix it.

i dig the cairn. its sleek.

on the other hand, i understand when you get the itch for a redesign, sometimes you just gotta do it.

I was starting to wonder if anyone noticed! :lol:
I'm thinking you keep it for another day or two. Shop in a couple little flowers or mushrooms growing up out of it as it decomposes. :)