Tigers, Brookies and Splake... oh my...

Deadeye008

Hambone
Took a trip Down south with a couple buddies to do a little high altitude camping and fishing before it gets way to cold. We got up there about 8pm the first night and hit the near by lake because we coulden't wait til the morning We were rewarded with a few nice Brookies and a surprise Tiger The next two days were pretty much a blur of Splake and Tigers. Caught more nice fish on this trip than any other I can remember including one absolute pig. Especially considering it came out of a lake that sits at 10,000 ft in altitude. Most of the leaves on the Aspen had already fallen at the lakes we were fishing but on the ride up and down we passed some that were absolutely glowing! Temps were nice in the days and around 20 at night but the weather was really nice. Nothing like fresh trout cooked up in a cast iron skillet and eating it by the campfire. I could get used to that. Now on to the pics...

IMG_8188.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8200.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8228.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8369.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8124.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8295.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8425.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8435.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8444.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8451.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8461.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8510.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8498.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

IMG_8503.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Close up. Check out those teeth!

IMG_8256.jpg by Deadeye008, on Flickr

Featured image for home page:
slide.jpg

Wow. Looks like an awesome time. And you weren't kidding - that one is a pig indeed. Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Damn!! How much did that pig way?!!!!! Way to go! Awesome pics!

You caught Walter! :cry: Some of you should know what that means.

I need to apologize from adding my photos to this post. Still learning my way around. :D

Great photos. Looks like a successful trip.

Nice! Where were you at? If the lake is a secret what mountain range or general area?

Back