Thrift Store Finds

I picked up an Osprey Sojourn for $7 today. I have a lot of business travel this year so it will come in handy.

Last edited:
Scored a North Face Rock 22 tent in Bozeman for $4. It is a lot nicer than the Eureka I have been using. I Plan to take it to Upper Palisades in the morning.
Nice. Also love upper palisades. Reminder I need to add that to areas to backpack.

Well, I have officially become an ultra light backpacker. I scored a sweet 2 lb Six Moon Designs tarp tent made from silnylon. It was brand new and cost $4.

Well, I have officially become an ultra light backpacker. I scored a sweet 2 lb Six Moon Designs tarp tent made from silnylon. It was brand new and cost $4.
$4. That is unbelievably good. Right on! Is it a Lunar?

For the Glen Canyon lovers out there, how's this for a sweet thrift store find? My wife found this at Savers in Salt Lake today. 1966 original hardcover print of The Place No One Knew by Eliot Porter and the Sierra Club. Tons of beautiful color photos and writing from pre-Lake Powell. The dust jacket is beat up but the rest of the book is perfect, like new. Photo pages are like dark room print quality. And only $3! Priceless!!!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ffa.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ff8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ff9.jpgxgrdwzujR0qUUuj0e8TtNw_thumb_3ffb.jpg
cRfh4HupSE2zQNqEI6aHsg_thumb_3ffc.jpg

The inside of the dust cover is full of forms to sign up for and buy other books from the Sierra Club.
JHY+GTJDTeakwirkwzGkOw_thumb_3ffd.jpg

And they were still fighting to keep the Grand Canyon from getting dammed back then. Thanks, people of 1966.

TfrN5s0HQTK%9Nl7WaoxHw_thumb_3ffe.jpg