Though landfill-safe, wag bags can’t be thrown in the garbage

IntrepidXJ

ADVENTR
I thought this article from Moab was interesting, especially with more and more places requiring WAG bags.

“Several Monument staff members have been completely covered from head to toe from rupturing WAG bags when the hydraulic system on the truck engages, exposing them to several types of bodily fluids that have the potential to carry viruses and diseases,” District Manager Evan Tyrrell wrote in an email to the Grand County Commission on the subject.

I honestly don't see the majority of people going out of their way to take their wags to a special place. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

I honestly don't see the majority of people going out of their way to take their wags to a special place. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

I think any place that requires the use of WAG bags should have a place to drop them off when you are done, since otherwise most people will drop them in the first garbage can they come across. I know the Elephant Hill trailhead it The Needles has a garbage can that is only for used WAG bags.

Yea, that's a tough one... I wonder if they will eventually be able to compost it. Some parks are getting good at recycling trash and some already compost food waste. Dirty dirty job!!!