The Wave increases to 60 people daily

Carcass

Just saw that effective Feb 1, 60 people per day will be the quota for the Wave. Wish they would have started with 40.

Long over due in my opinion. I can’t get why it was ever restricted to level it was. I think the over restriction created more demand then would have been if they would had been more reasonable about allowing the public to access public land. Some people like to play King I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree with you, but I wished they would have started a little less than with 60. Honestly, they don't have the staffing to monitor it. They will need someone else out there to "referee" the photo ops.

I say this as a Safety Patrol person for the Wave the last 2 years. I think the land can take it. Its the people-people interactions that is the worry, at least in my opinion.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Janice The Wave - and SO MUCH MORE! (Coyote Buttes North, South, White Pocket, Buckskin, Condors, Bighorns...) - Part 1 Hiking & Camping 14
C The Wave and stuff Trip Reports 6
Janice Opportunity to provide input on policies for Coyote Buttes North ("The Wave") and nearby areas General Discussion 27
A The Wave January 2019 Trip Planning 12
Perry Hiker Dies in the Wave of Appearent Heat-related Conditions General Discussion 12
stevecochranephotography The Wave... Hiking & Camping 7
natylka The Wave Trip Planning 17
Ross Water Canyon to White Wave (help & invite) Trip Planning 8
IntrepidXJ Wave Winter Wonderland Hiking & Camping 3
IntrepidXJ BLM re-evaluates walk-in permits for The Wave, considers online alternative General Discussion 0
Scott Chandler 5.3.14-The Fire Wave Hiking & Camping 0
S Wave permits during government shutdown General Discussion 13
Howells Outdoors sad news from the Wave. General Discussion 67
ROKTAXI White Pocket, The Wave & Alstrom Point Hiking & Camping 9
jdgibney The Wave/White Pocket Fri Oct 12 permits for a ride? Trip Planning 1
Dave Kolob Canyons, Buckskin Gulch, The Wave Nov. 5-7, 2011 Hiking & Camping 13
pixie1339 Invite Wanna go to The Wave? Meet Up (Members Only) 28
Nick The Wave, December 2010 Hiking & Camping 7
Nick The Wave - Coyote Buttes North Hiking & Camping 5
Alison WAVE OR WASH? 50% chance of rain and snow Trip Planning 23
blueeyes The Wave Jan 2012 Hiking & Camping 32
IntrepidXJ The Wave Weekend Hiking & Camping 4
blueeyes Do I go? The Wave Trip Planning 12
TheMountainRabbit News Release: Yellowstone National Park increases protection for bears and visitor safety by implementing changes to two bear management areas General Discussion 16
IntrepidXJ Arches and Canyonlands National Parks Accepting Comments on Proposed Fee Increases for Backcountry Operations General Discussion 38
SteveR Coyote Buttes South- New Daily Permit Process Trip Planning 8
Burrito Never-ending growing photo collection at the top of my daily hike... General Discussion 22
George_Washington_Hayduke 2 nights on the Green River Daily @13000cfs On The Water 1
Nick The Green River Daily On The Water 6
Kullaberg63 Packrafting the Colorado River Daily run at 6000 cfs On The Water 2