Teton Wilderness (WY) trail questions

I've decided to go with plan B for my trip. I'm still going to spend the first 2 days hiking up the South Fork Shoshone to the beginning of Bliss Creek Meadows. Day 3 will be a layover, with a hike up the Clark Creek Trail to Pierpont Pass and Hidden Basin. That will give me an extra day to acclimate to the altitude and eat up some food before I start the hard part. On days 4-6 I'll continue up to Shoshone Pass, then off trail to the Continental Divide and on to Ferry Lake. I'll take another layover day there to check out the waterfalls in the area and the view of Crater Lake. From there I'll follow the Continental Divide north above Tri County Lake and out to Yellowstone Point. I'll backtrack from there, hike to Marston Pass, and then go down the Marston Creek Trail and back down the South Fork Shoshone to my starting point.

I'm going to save the upper Thorofare area for a future trip. Thanks again to everyone that provided information on that area.

I've decided to go with plan B for my trip. I'm still going to spend the first 2 days hiking up the South Fork Shoshone to the beginning of Bliss Creek Meadows. Day 3 will be a layover, with a hike up the Clark Creek Trail to Pierpont Pass and Hidden Basin. That will give me an extra day to acclimate to the altitude and eat up some food before I start the hard part. On days 4-6 I'll continue up to Shoshone Pass, then off trail to the Continental Divide and on to Ferry Lake. I'll take another layover day there to check out the waterfalls in the area and the view of Crater Lake. From there I'll follow the Continental Divide north above Tri County Lake and out to Yellowstone Point. I'll backtrack from there, hike to Marston Pass, and then go down the Marston Creek Trail and back down the South Fork Shoshone to my starting point.

I'm going to save the upper Thorofare area for a future trip. Thanks again to everyone that provided information on that area.
I finished up my trip a little over a week ago. It was great in most respects, but harder than I expected, with a lot of long days. It's going to take me months to go through the photos and write the trip reports, but I'll post them on here eventually.

Back