Tarptent Double Rainbow or Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2?

kimbur96

Looking to buy a bigger tent for the dog and I for the upcoming backpacking season. I have a tarptent Moment DW. But it's tight with the two of us and apparently I pack like a girl because even alone the tent is crowded. I have narrowed it down to the two options in the title. With discount codes the price is almost equal.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to buy a bigger tent for the dog and I for the upcoming backpacking season. I have a tarptent Moment DW. But it's tight with the two of us and apparently I pack like a girl because even alone the tent is crowded. I have narrowed it down to the two options in the title. With discount codes the price is almost equal.

Thoughts?

I have a three person Big Agnes I and my wife and doggie backpack in. My solo backpack I usually use a big solo or two-person - I like to sprawl and sometimes have my doggie. The Tarptent Rainbow is on my radar for a purchase this summer too to replace my Black Diamond Skylight tent which is worn out. I traveled with @Bob many miles with his Tarptent Rainbow and he is an advocate for it.

Use the floor plan layouts and dimensions to assess where it may give you more room in comparison to your current, cramped tent.

I would talk to Henry and get his opinion of the space in the Rainbow versus Double Rainbow. On paper, the Rainbow seems quite large. The extra vestibule is very tempting.
I'm not a Big Agnes fan. Given the choice I purchased an MSR Hubba Hubba NX and StratoSpire 1 over Big Agnes.
Wayne