Supreme Court ruling on Rivers in National Parks

Carcass

Goid news for all you river runners??

The U.S. Supreme Court stated in a 9-0 ruling Tuesday that rivers that flow through National Parks in Alaska aren’t part of the park units and aren’t subject to National Park Service rules, including a rule that famously bans hovercrafts.

Goid news for all you river runners??

The U.S. Supreme Court stated in a 9-0 ruling Tuesday that rivers that flow through National Parks in Alaska aren’t part of the park units and aren’t subject to National Park Service rules, including a rule that famously bans hovercrafts.

My understanding is that this ruling pertains only to Alaska as the question the court was tackling was related to ANILCA.

My understanding is that this ruling pertains only to Alaska as the question the court was tackling was related to ANILCA.
I thought about that but it isn't a far reach at all that if this ruling applies to national parks in Alaska that it will soon apply to all national parks.

Pretty dumb ruling imo. Let's add another ownership and management layer. Better yet throw it open for uncontrolled river use..... But you won't be able to touch the bank.

Does this mean I can carry a loaded gun on my hovercraft and shoot a moose if it's in the river (in season, of course) and a parkie can't do squat? I think I can hear the sound of a can of worms getting popped open (but I admit I haven't read the fine print).

Does this mean I can carry a loaded gun on my hovercraft and shoot a moose if it's in the river (in season, of course) and a parkie can't do squat? I think I can hear the sound of a can of worms getting popped open (but I admit I haven't read the fine print).

I could see that hypothetical being on a law school exam :)

State law forbids shooting big game from a boat unless your have a disability, or native and shooting caribou. It also forbids shooting swimming big game. Again with an exception for natives in certain GMUs.
So now you can’t shoot a moose from your hover craft