Subway any way I can - don't laugh!

AnnMarie

Does anyone have an extra space on their Subway permit in August? I'd love to tag along! Yeah yeah, I should have planned ahead and got my own permit, but I'm traveling solo cross country, so I don't have that luxury. Don't laugh! I may not be bright enough to get a permit in advance, but I am smart enough to know I can't do Zion solo.

Beyond having the pleasure of my company, as an added incentive I will make my famous scrambled pancake recipe for anyone who camps with me.

Now how can you refuse? :wavespin: Need to know by July 30th please.
AMR

What days are you planning to be in Zion? I believe Sandro had posted earlier that he had some extra slots on August 20th. Not sure if that's still the case though.

My days are flexible around that time, but I was planning on being there up until the 19th. I can easily adjust my plans to be there for an August 20th Subway run.

What days are you planning to be in Zion? I believe Sandro had posted earlier that he had some extra slots on August 20th. Not sure if that's still the case though.
Also, I did contact Sandro but I'm not sure how often he checks BCP. :(

Sorry guys, I had not checked the site for a while, I'm running after too many things :)

Yes, I still have extra permits for June 20th :)

So we're getting closer ! I'm packing stuff now. I'm bringing 65 feet of rope, harnesses, atc guide, wetsuit, dry bags and all the usual hiking things... anything else I should think about ?

So we're getting closer ! I'm packing stuff now. I'm bringing 65 feet of rope, harnesses, atc guide, wetsuit, dry bags and all the usual hiking things... anything else I should think about ?

Some webbing and a couple extra biners & rings are always good things to have. I like to rig a bit of it up on that last rap so people have the option of grabbing onto it as they get off the ledge to the bolts. It's kind of awkward to get down to and if it's wet from others rapping ahead of you, it can be very slippery. Your 65' rope will be absolutely perfect but you might want to mark the center ahead of time.

Some webbing and a couple extra biners & rings are always good things to have. I like to rig a bit of it up on that last rap so people have the option of grabbing onto it as they get off the ledge to the bolts. It's kind of awkward to get down to and if it's wet from others rapping ahead of you, it can be very slippery. Your 65' rope will be absolutely perfect but you might want to mark the center ahead of time.

Ok, added biners and I'll pick up some webbing...how many feet ?

Also what do you use to protect your camera, documents, etc ?

Ok, added biners and I'll pick up some webbing...how many feet ?

I have a length that's about 28-feet I've been taking. Less would be okay.

Also what do you use to protect your camera, documents, etc ?

Doubled dry bag at minimum and keep it high in the pack so it doesn't get too much water pressure if you wear the pack through a swim. For my point and shoot camera I use a little Pelican dry box.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
zionsky Hikers Rescued from Subway Hiking & Camping 11
Yvonne The Subway September 2020 - a trip that went wrong Hiking & Camping 10
Yvonne Subway Bottom Up July 8, 2019 Hiking & Camping 27
RyanP How to prepare for Subway/Orderville/etc Trip Planning 6
Rockskipper Zion National Park visitors rescued after mocking rangers, hiking The Subway unprepared General Discussion 97
Red Rock Rangers The Subway Canyoneering 0
Nick The other Subway in Zion General Discussion 17
jentzschman Subway trip mid June Trip Planning 5
Howells Outdoors Frigid in The Subway Canyoneering 6
IntrepidXJ The Subway and Left Fork Hiking & Camping 2
Scott Chandler The Subway 10-28-14 Canyoneering 9
Sandro The Subway - End of April Trip Planning 13
Tyler The Subway August 2012 Canyoneering 1
Nick Russell Gulch & The Subway Canyoneering 13
gloo The Subway - Zion NP August 2012 Canyoneering 2
Dave Fatality in Zion's Subway General Discussion 24
Ross Invite Pine Creek, Misery Canyon or The Subway (Zion area) Meet Up (Members Only) 1
Nick Changes in The Subway General Discussion 1
blueeyes Subway August 2, 2012 Hiking & Camping 1
blueeyes Subway May 20th Hiking & Camping 4
Tyler The Subway was off the hook! General Discussion 9
lostlandscapes The Subway -- June 23, 2012 Canyoneering 9
lostlandscapes Best time to hike The Subway General Discussion 2
Nick The Subway, May 2012 Canyoneering 37
Nick Zion Subway Conditions Spring 2012 General Discussion 2
Nick The Subway, Zion National Park Canyoneering 11
Nick The Subway and Russell Gulch Canyoneering 5
Nick The Zion Subway, August 2011 Canyoneering 6
Ndheiner The Subway in Zion Trip Planning 8
forest dweller You guys keep a backpacking gear checklist in Microsoft Word you don't mind sharing? General Discussion 13
J Identify the spot Utah: I don't know where it is General Discussion 2
Parma Pssst, don't tell anyone but Canyonlands is opening up General Discussion 3
Glasterpiece Writing a trip report. I don't know how to do that but would like to know. General Discussion 14
D South Coyote Buttes. We are going to put in at Lone Tree Reservoir because we don't have 4wd but we want to make it to White Pocket. Trip Planning 30
o2bav8 A little bit of everything & don't drive on blue clay when wet Hiking & Camping 18
Rockskipper Going canyoneering? Don't forget the dish soap. General Discussion 0
Rockskipper How close have you been to a wild animal that could eat your lunch (marmots don't count)? General Discussion 26
gnwatts Don't get mad, get even. General Discussion 32
dug When things don't go just as planned. Bikepacking, backpacking, packrafting Escalante. On The Water 0
Nurrgle Don't Fret Utah Friends, The Animas River is Safe General Discussion 2
o2bav8 Cows & slot canyons don't mix General Discussion 0
ruffterrain Please don't be hatin' on me cuz i'm from Pennsylvania... Noobs: Introduce yourself! 20
Duke Arachnid Terracotta Army (don't look if you hate spiders) Photography 0
Aldaron Garfield Basin or "Don't ever let me hike here again" Backpacking 10
DOSS Yeah... don't know where to go next weekend - help Trip Planning 7