Sublette County backroads fly fishing and truck camping

Nice! Drainages from the Wyoming Range? Figured they're always too low by the time I get there early Sept.

Thanks for enjoying @LarryBoy, @OldBill, @Jon Carbaugh and all, hope you get a chance for a bit of fishing yourselves.

Nice! Drainages from the Wyoming Range? Figured they're always too low by the time I get there early Sept.
No, not the Wyoming Range, though there are definitely some good opportunities in that area. The pictured waters drain out of the Winds. I would agree that those waters are just too skinny in the fall, they‘re almost done now. The melt is about done this dry, dry hot year. Even the bigger rivers are getting too warm already.

Last edited:
That looks like a nice relaxing trip. I have been float fishing some small irrigation reservoirs in Idaho and they are getting drawn down so much that I'm pretty sure they are done for a while. Time to move back to wade fishing at a bit higher elevations.

Hope the monsoon season gives some relief. Fishing the upper Green beyond the FS boundary when the aspen turn is just amazing. Have noticed a lot less rainbows and many more brown in later years. Possibly another signal of environmental change.

DSC00631_Large.JPG