St. George Campsites

Nick

-
I'm headed down to St. George next weekend to do some work hikes. I'd like to find one or two sweet campsites to spend Friday and Saturday nights. I'll be solo and arriving after dark on Friday so intel would be particularly helpful. Anyone care to share any recommendations? If it's not something you want to broadcast, feel free to shoot me a PM. I can return the favor and I promise to keep it quiet. :)

You might be on to something.

But seriously, I'm going to the SLC RV Show in February and I'm bringing a tape measure. Looking for something just a smidge larger than Art's Palomini but still small enough to pull to some nice campsites. The Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S is our current top contender. I'm just not sure if it has enough clearance. But for this trip, the back of my truck should be a-okay.

I've camped by the Green Valley Gap climbing area a couple times. Kinda urban but not horrid if you're just looking for something and camping on the cliff yields a nice view of Santa Clara.

Exactly. I've camped up above the canyon and down in the bowl between the canyon and houses. The hill was nicer.

I don't get the sense there are regs to contend with. The area is spotted with fire rings and atv/motorcycle runs. The canyon also was quite the dump site until the climbing there grew. I first camped there with a school group and the instructors weren't afraid of being displaced by cops. My best guess is that the area is just inside BLM land but I've never looked at a map to prove that.

I've seen people camping right near Moe's Valley Bouldering area. I think it's in the vicinity of Green Valley Gap. I've climbed at Moe's a few times and it's basically in town, but nice and close.

The road to Oak Grove has lots of camping in the National Forest. A lot of it lower elevation just a little bit above Leeds.

Cedar Pocket in the Gorge is nice. I have never seen a camp host in the winter.

If you have 4wd Sandstone Mountain Improvised Camping in the Bablyon Desert Reserve section is a really cool spot or keep going all the way to the River and camp on the sand

Just to name a few

Do you know anything about this area just south of the border?
From what I've seen on a map (which may or may not be correct) is that the area is at the black rock road exit (there are signs for it) is on BLM land. So you may be able to use that info