So what did you get?

Nick

-
Hopefully everything is unwrapped by this point. So what kind of cool new outdoor toys and cameras did everyone get?

I came out pretty good this year... I think all this sitting in front of the computer for the last month may have had something to do with it.

Grand Canyoneering guidebook - even if you don't intend to canyoneer in the grand, this book is worth owning because of the amazing quality and detail. Awesome book.
Sterling ATS Descender
Buck 750 Redpoint Knife - best canyoneering knife ever?
Vivobarefoot Ultra Pure - kick ass backpacking shoes
Osprey Atmos 50 backpack

And I've been told these purchases made earlier in December count too..
Panasonic G5
Lightroom 4
Vasque Scree hiking boots

Can't wait til I can finally get out and use this stuff!! So what did you get?

I came out pretty good this year... I think all this sitting in front of the computer for the last month may have had something to do with it.

Nice. That's one helluva haul there, Jack.

I did very well myself. Finally got my hands on a GoProHero3 (so long, Contour!), and a Panasonic GF5k for the skinnies. Stoked!

Bo and Tanya's new Zion hiking book.
Smartwool Socks
Share a new Go Pro camera with my daughter. She said since she can't seem to get up early enuf in the AM , that I should take it up all powder mornings. Just had 14" new Xmas AM. that was a sweet present!

I got a new back tire for my bike, The Nate which the tread is paddle like to work better in the snow and a Salsa Frame bag, a New Belgium bell (ding ding) and lastly, rainbow spoke lights for night rides. :) Happy momma here!

Smart wool base layer top, Ice Trekkers and some non-outdoors stuff. The Ice Trekkers are awesome... highly recommended.

A new place to live :D

Anyway, beside that a Canon S100. I love this little thing, more nice features than the S95.
Also a helmet for future canyoneering and /or climbing trips and a SPOT device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just to irritate Nick, I took the gift certificates I got for Christmas and bought the Sony NEX-6.

Let's see if I can step up my game with the pictures now.

Ha! That's awesome man. Are you already using Lightroom? If not, I highly recommend picking it up. I think you're pictures are just fine, the big difference between point and shoot shots and nicer ones are usually just very minor tweaks in post. Oh, and shoot in raw!

I downloaded the trial version of LR this week, and I'll play around with it this weekend. The problem is that I don't know what to do with it other than click a few buttons.

And I've been shooting raw since someone on here convinced me to do it earlier this year.

Nice. We should really do that Lightroom get together. Or check out some of the online tutorials. It's really super easy and just doing slight modifications makes a world of difference. I was just clicking through your stuff from New Zealand and they look awesome. Stuff like that I'd just load all into LR and go through and make little adjustments like clarity, straightening, brightness, contrast, etc. Nothing major.

You noticed that they were all crooked, huh? :)

Yeah, I've been telling people that the southern hemisphere made me stand at an angle!

I have since straightened those pictures out and I had a couple of them printed at 16x20.