Sleeping Pad!

Outdoors24

I am looking at getting a new sleeping pad this summer. I have been looking at the neoair xlite and the sea to summit comfort plus pad. Has anyone had any experience with either one of these pads? I am open to other pads these are just the two that i have spent the most time looking at. Thanks for your help.

I like my Klymit pads! But if they get a hole in then you are left to sleeping on the hard ground (unless you hammock camp hehe) That is the weakness of most air pads I guess....

Last edited:
My Xlite is on it's 4th busy year. Never leaked and never been babied. One of the best pieces of gear I've owned.

Supposedly, the latest Xlite has been improved a bit too in that it's not supposed to be as noisy as others have complained about it from prior years. I have an XTherm that was bought to ensure good comfort and warmth for my wife. I took it out on a winter trip this past January and woke up impressed by its comfort and warmth and its ability to grip a sleeping bag and keep it from sliding off. If I ever feel the need or desire to get a new pad for myself, I'd probaby get an Xlite. Though I have found that the horizontal baffles make the neoair pad a bit trickier to roll up and fit back into its stuff sack. I'd hesitate on the Sea-to-Summit unless you don't need much insulation.

I roll up my NeoAirs without folding them, then fold the roll in half & shove it in the stuff sack.

My XTherm came with a large stuff sack that you can supposedly use to inflate the thing, which is way more trouble than just blowing it up. I won't carry that stuff sack and use the smaller one that came with the XLite.

I've looked at about a million Sleeping pads. Other than price, is there anything that beats an xtherm?

I've looked at about a million Sleeping pads. Other than price, is there anything that beats an xtherm?
completely depends on your style of backpacking. my Klymit X-lite is awesome as a super lightweight pad! i only get support for my head, shoulders and hips, but it is way more comfy than a foam pad or the ground. the comfort for weight ratio is huge on that (mostly cuz the weight is so little)

completely depends on your style of backpacking. my Klymit X-lite is awesome as a super lightweight pad! i only get support for my head, shoulders and hips, but it is way more comfy than a foam pad or the ground. the comfort for weight ratio is huge on that (mostly cuz the weight is so little)

x2 to what Blake said. It just depends on what your priorities are. The xtherm might be excessive insulation for some who would prefer less weight. But with that said, it looks like a fine pad. I like my All Season because it's fully rectangular, but if my Xlite were, I'd prefer it.