Sleeping bags for 2

NormalT

I am looking for a lightweight bag that can possibly be zipped up with another for two people.

After a couple marriages I have not much gear left and am looking to cut weight a lot. This will be for myself and my little boy, he still like to cuddle but I probably only have a year left on that. I'm about 5'10", and would like something that can make 1 big bag BUT if that is not possible the most important is light weight and compact.

Thanks for any help!

If I was to not go with a tie together set up, what are some good bags? My feet tend to freeze at night no matter the weather so I'm not sure about the quilt bags. (Maybe I'm wrong, just got looking a week ago) also, as I'm so new to this what temp bag should I be looking for? This will be mostly summer but would range from temps of southern Utah to the Tetons.

I'd look for a good down bag (probably around 20 degrees for the conditions you described). I have the Big Agnes Spike Lake 14, and I love it. Great value. Not sure if they make it in both a left and right handed zipper to put together though.

image.jpg
It's a good idea. These are my old northern woods bags. Several types of bags will zip together. Try just using a left zipper and right zipper bag of the same kind at REI or other store. The "Adam and Eve" bags are a little more expensive.

Thank you all. That helps a lot with temp recommendations and will head out to some stores and see what they have.

Does anyone know if the backcountry warehouse has a walk in area for local customers?

Thank you all. That helps a lot with temp recommendations and will head out to some stores and see what they have.

Does anyone know if the backcountry warehouse has a walk in area for local customers?

They do!

The setup is a little odd, but works for the tremendous stock they have.

You find what you are looking for online with computers available in their reception area, write down the item and number you are looking for, and they find it in the warehouse and bring it out to you.

usually mens have a left zipper and womens have a right zipper to zip together. Big Agnes and TNF have double bags - and i am sure there are others.

I have an REI Flash bag that is rated for 30 degrees. It is like 1lb 12oz i think for the long. gets way small. There is also the REI Igneo that is rated 19 degree and is 3oz heavier, but might compress even smaller.

Sorry I might be a little late. Check out Enlightened Equipment, I just ordered an accomplice quilt to use as a backcountry couples sleep system. This saves quite a bit of weight over traditional sleeping bags. Plus, since it is made to order you can select the options you need for your type of trekking.

I'm pairing this with the Exped Synmat Hyperlite Duo so there is no chance of a gap between paired pads beneath.

Overall more comfort with less weight than the 2 individual sleep systems we had before.