Site Issues

Nick

-
As some of you may have noticed, we've been having some issues with the server backcountrypost is hosted on over the last week or so. It's been running a little slow at times and even crashed once or twice. It's a good and bad thing; good because the site is growing like a weed, bad because the traffic is overwhelming what is already a very robust server.

We're working hard to get it upgraded and optimized without breaking the bank so please bear with us over the next few days while we get it hammered out. If you notice any unusual problems, shoot me a private message.

Thanks!

Thanks for reply and your hard work, Nick and the whole team!

Your forum (and members too) my friend, is more than awesome - it's 5-star plus.
I love it!

I agree with Michael. How much outdoor gear do I need to buy through BCP advertisers so that we can upgrade the server? I'll get started. :)

Just a heads up. I'm going to move Backcountrypost to a new server later this evening. When I start the transfer, the site will remain up but I will remove the ability for any of us to post new messages. It will take a bit of time to move the site, and then a bit longer for the DNS changes to propogate throughout the internet.

It is possible that some users may not be directed to the new server until Sunday morning or afternoon. I will put up notices on both servers so you know if you're hitting the old one (no posting) or the new one where you can post again. Sorry for the inconvenience but I figured best to do it over a Saturday/Sunday than any other time of the week.

somehow it never redirected me to the new site , just figured it out after Nick mentioned it on a posting of me.
Checked my cellphone and immediately connected me to the new site.
Just updated my bookmarks at my laptop and hopefully next time I'll land on the right site

Thats a bummer, hopefully it will resolve today. DNS propagation can take as long as 72 hours I believe. Yvonne - you should not keep the IP address bookmarked. Later this week once we're sure it's propagated, change it back or you will run into more problems down the road.

Thats a bummer, hopefully it will resolve today. DNS propagation can take as long as 72 hours I believe. Yvonne - you should not keep the IP address bookmarked. Later this week once we're sure it's propagated, change it back or you will run into more problems down the road.

good to know, Nick.

At least here at College it automatically redirected me to the new site.
Hopefully it will do the same at home tonight.

Yvonne I noticed the same thing! At home old site at the university new site. Odd

Question for everyone - are any of you getting emails from backcountrypost lately or are they ending up in your spam folders? What email you use (gmail, yahoo, etc) would be good to know as well.

Thanks!

Okay, looks like we got part of it fixed, but still no emails getting passed the spam box on people's actual gmail accounts? (Randy's is gmail but with a different domain)