Sawyer minis close out

Pringles

I have no idea if Walmarts do closeouts across the region or country, or all alone, but mine has clearance of Sawyer Minis. They are in a two pack, with two foldy containers, two straw things, and two syringes. They're $20. I've read that lots of people don't like them, but that appears to be a pretty good price. Anyway, check the clearance aisle.

I have no idea if Walmarts do closeouts across the region or country, or all alone, but mine has clearance of Sawyer Minis. They are in a two pack, with two foldy containers, two straw things, and two syringes. They're $20. I've read that lots of people don't like them, but that appears to be a pretty good price. Anyway, check the clearance aisle.
Nice heads up. I've found them too slow/unreliable for backpacking, but if I saw a two-pack at that price I'd grab it for longer day hikes.

Does the standard sawyer filter much faster than the Mini? I've always used the mini, before moving on to the Platypus and just recently tried the Befree. Just saw the YT video on what Sawyer is doing in providing clean water in third-world areas and now have a completely different view of them. I may give the standard a try.

What are you using instead?
I went AquaMira for most trips last year. I've been using a BeFree for shorter trips, but I've found its flow rate drops a lot after a year or so - not sure I'll buy another one.

I still have a regular Sawyer Squeeze I bring when I'm filtering for myself and my kids.

And every year I find myself filtering a lower % of my water overall.

And every year I find myself filtering a lower % of my water overall.
I"m in the same boat... if the water looks nice I'm totally happy to run it through a bandana and then wait for the chlorine dioxide to work. especially since on a recent trip my nice platypus gravity filter just totally refused to let any water pass through (it's not clogged! I had flushed it out and sanitized it when I put it away last fall). so anyhow I picked up a sawyer squeeze as my backup plan...

I had a Befree, and took it back to REI. I thought the water had a plastic taste. I do a lot of weekend hikes (I am going to be working in Yellowstone this summer, so hopefully I'll be able to do a bunch of one night trips), and I figure I'll take one of these little things and use it and backflush when necessary, and toss it when it seems to not respond to the backflushing. I always have Aqua Mira, and that will get me home.

Regehr, I have read that after a filter has dried out, that it may need to soak to work again. So that Platypus filter might just need some time to sit in a bit of water in the sink, before you take it out.