Sandstone Escape

o2bav8

Had a few days off so I headed up to Glen Canyon for some hiking and kayaking.
I just bought a Sony a6000 and wanted to see what it could do as well.

Trip started out with a small pit stop in Sedona, AZ.
Nice 12 mile hike to the top of Wilson Mt starting out at 89A and the bridge over Wilson Creek and Oak Creek Canyon.

sedonabridge.jpg

cactus.jpg

With a new camera I had to try out all the settings... thought this worked out ok...
yellowflowers.jpg

Local wildlife have it good up here...
deer.jpg

Loved the view from the overlook... a nice narrow outcrop made for a nice place to pose.
wilsonmtoverlook.jpg

With Sedona out of the way it was time to head to Crosby Canyon & Warm Creek Bay.
I had brought my Sea Eagle inflatable kayak & wanted to check out Castle Rock Cut and the surrounding area.

My campsite for two nights...

subylake.jpg

castlerockkayak.jpg

A fun side canyon...
whiteinlet3.jpg

whiteslot.jpg

sunset.JPG

21 miles later... it was a good day on the lake, but time to head to Page, AZ the next day.
Horseshoe Bend was a nice way to spend the time before my Lower Antelope Canyon tour.

horsebend.jpg

If you haven't been to Antelope Canyon... be prepared for this!
Thankfully I had the photography package & wasn't rushed through like cattle.
slotentry.JPG

While expensive & stressful from a photography point of view, it is a beautiful canyon
slotmodified4.jpg

slot4.jpg

slotarch.jpg

slotmateo1.jpg

Attachments

• sedonabridge.jpg
    sedonabridge.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 22
  • cactus.jpg
    cactus.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 19
  • yellowflowers.jpg
    yellowflowers.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 17
  • wilsonmtoverlook.jpg
    wilsonmtoverlook.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 18
Great pics! How do you like that Sea Eagle? I checked that out at the OR a couple years ago when they first released it and I was really impressed with what they'd done, although it was a bit tippy for me. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Also, how was the Crosby Canyon road and camping? A lot of places to choose from to camp in? Many people around?

Love the Sea Eagle! Its a little more tippy at first but once you get used to it its very stable. Its also FAST! Any other inflatable feels like a tank compared to it. I also have a Aquaglide inflatable kayak and can't imagine using it for anything other than just floating down a river anymore.
The Sea Eagle just is so much better at covering distance with less effort & isn't affected by wind etc.

Crosby Canyon was definitely high clearance... wouldn't take a car, but anything with ground clearance would be fine.
As you get close to the lake there is some deep sand in places. I would have gotten stuck with just 2 WD at my campsite.
Plenty of camping around at the lake, but there were more house boats near by than I thought there would be after Labor Day, especially for a weekday. If you wanted something away from the lake you could have a lot of privacy though.