Rick’s Recovery : Paw Hole Sand trap, winch to the rescue! My Lizzy moment, ha….

Thats because they know it doesnt apply to them....

When I went out there a few years back, the directions I had printed from an online site only included the Paw Hole route. Eventually the risk for high centering was too much for me, so I turned around and found the alt route on my Nat'l Geographic map. That being said, I keep a shovel, full sized spare, and sand ladders in both vehicles.

When I went out there a few years back, the directions I had printed from an online site only included the Paw Hole route. Eventually the risk for high centering was too much for me, so I turned around and found the alt route on my Nat'l Geographic map. That being said, I keep a shovel, full sized spare, and sand ladders in both vehicles.
You better prepared than most....

You better prepared than most....
I got my van stuck in the sand once in a random sandy spot, and spent six hours in the dark trying to dig it out rather than call for assistance. I even tried jacking up each wheel and packing rocks under the tires with no luck. Some Jeepers kindly assisted in the morning. Hence why I now carry sand ladders :)

I really enjoyed my two walks up from Lone Tree to Paw Hole. Enjoying those quite peaceful moments before sunrise. Wait a minute.....I did it first in the heat of the day to assess if it was a road I could drive up. In retrospect that seems like a stupid thing for me to have done. :confused: