Retired From Work Today ... Time to Return to the Wilds!

Kmatjhwy

Wilderness Wanderer
Well, just wanted to post here and let people know, today was my last day at work and the beginning of my retirement! Woohoo! Am now 64 and have made it this far in life. Now plan on as long as this body is able and I still have my health, to be out in the Deep Wilds enjoying life. There is still so much remote country out there and still there is sooooo much to see and to experience. My plans are to be in the mountain wilds come summer and the deserts / canyon wilds come winter. And when I travel just travel by bike touring on the more remote roads via my old mountain bike. There is actually a huge list of places that want to go to, see and experience, enjoy life In being at these places, and more. This includes both mountain wild places and desert / canyon places.

In my personal opinion, it seems the world has gone crazy as of late. And with this Covid virus, Good Grief! But those deep wilds are still out there and the Grizzlies will NOT give you Covid. So come what may for our human society, time for myself to be returning to those wilds come spring. This means come starting this spring, I just might not be around here much at Backcountry Post as before. It is one thing to talk about these wilds places, but the best thing is just to be out in them Enjoying Life! Life is just sooooo Grand and offers sooooo much! There is still so much to see and to experience in life!

Now was thinking of this old saying ... "Free At last, Free At last, Thank God Almighty, Free At last"

Just had to post. Wishing Everyone the Very Best!

Last edited:
Congratulations !! It has been a bit over 2 years for me and I am digging it. :)

I love your constant enthusiasm! May it carry you far and wide as you continue to live your dream. Stay safe and check in here at BCP when you can.

Congratulations Lone Eagle Woman! Wishing you the best in all your retirement endeavors. You have been such an inspiration to this backpacker over the years. Hopefully our paths will cross in the wilds in the not to distant future. May your grizzly and wolf sightings be many, and your human encounters be few and far between. Good Luck!

Del Gue: Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Congratulations, Kayla. So excited for you to be able to spend even more time out in the wilderness. Say hello to the grizzlies for me. Hopefully I'll run in to you out in the southern Absarokas someday!

Congrats! Hope you get to see and do everything your heart desires! Enjoy and be safe!
Cheers!!!

Thanks Everyone for your warm wishes for my retirement. And Scatman, Loved that quote from Del Gue ... So Right and True! Wishing Everyone the Best Also!!

Last edited: