Album Reptiles

Female Leopard Lizard

i-Xm5rqvq-M.jpg

and Collard Lizard eating another one

i-7JqFm6R-M.jpg

Someone name it.. Have no idea what it's called. I like the copper colored spots on it's back.
View attachment 7940

Woe, I just realized that I forgot to post the answer. A Herpetologist friend of mine gave me this response when I asked him what this little guy is. It was back when you first posted this. Sorry it took so long for me to post it.

"Genus Scleroporus, probably S. magister, though they are not always that colorful"

here is another from our weekend trip in the Escalante area.
While we were filtering water in Willow Gulch near the big alcove I found a wonderful rock to sit on.
Then after a few minutes I saw something on my left side and when I turned my head I saw this scorpion just a few inches away from were I was sitting :eek:
I never thought there would be scorpions in a riparian area. I somehow thought you can only see them in dry desert areas but not near water sources

i-THKZQgr-L.jpg

Cute little guy I met on the trail yesterday. Great Basin Rattler (which I believe the one above I called a WDB may actually be too), Simpson mountains yesterday.

20130525_Indian%20Canyon_Rattlesnake-12W.jpg

20130525_Indian%20Canyon_Rattlesnake-3W.jpg

20130525_Indian%20Canyon_Rattlesnake-13CW.jpg

Funny thing, or not so funny, depending how you look at it. I was in front and already taking pictures before my family and our friends came walking up. When they were still 15 yards away they couldn't see him yet but commented about how pissed off he sounded. I never did hear him... Even when I was 3 feet from him and could see his tail buzzing, I couldn't hear it.

I'm deef...

- DAA

Awesome shots DAA! I didn't know that snakes tongues were blue!

Collared Lizard buddies. Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness outside of Grand Junction, CO...years ago, my first pic from my first DSLR, the Nikon D40.

Collared%2520Lizards.jpg

he seemed to like the cairn

i-3dWnDxF-L.jpg

I saw one of these in the Buckskin, but he ran off before I could get a shot of him. I'd never seen a yellow lizard in person before!

Saw this cool black lizard hanging out near Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe!

unnamed.jpg

Back