Album Reptiles

Antlerking

I looked for a post on Reptiles and didn't fine one. Where its that time of year most of them are hibernating, I thought we could start a post on your favorite Reptile photos.

My favorite reptile found in Utah: Rubber Boa
44_rubber-boa_utah.jpg

Horned Lizard
109_horned-lizard_utah.jpg

Lizard
110_lizard.jpg

Blow Snake
112_blow-snake_tv-tower-rd.jpg

My best lizard shot!!!
243_lizard_copyw.jpg

2 for 1 - Blow Snakes
362_blow-snakes.jpg

Rubber Boa
37_rubber-boa.jpg

Dang! You have no IDEA how badly I wanted to find a rubber boa when I was a kid! All I ever found was garter, gopher, water snakes etc. Maybe a blue racer once in awhile. Never did find a rubber.

Nice!

Just day before yesterday I was hiking Snow Canyon near St. George with my family and we all decided to hike it again in the spring when the reptiles come out just to see what we can see.

- DAA

I've found them up most of the Canyons on the Cache. The largest number of them that I've bumped into have been on the Wellsvilles.

Dang! You have no IDEA how badly I wanted to find a rubber boa when I was a kid! All I ever found was garter, gopher, water snakes etc. Maybe a blue racer once in awhile. Never did find a rubber.

Nice!

Just day before yesterday I was hiking Snow Canyon near St. George with my family and we all decided to hike it again in the spring when the reptiles come out just to see what we can see.

- DAA

DAA,
Those blue racers were sure aggressive little buggers, hard to catch and they could move.

I love all the pictures here :)

here are a few from last year

i-DDmXFnv-M.jpg

i-MWxLSxH-M.jpg

i-J8swsbt-M.jpg

Sorry, I should have made that shot even smaller before posting.

The Massasauga Rattlesnake is Ontario's only venomous snake. Here was a couple mating when a driver ended their most intimate moments tragicallyWood Samples 1045.JPG .

A shot in Dominguez Canyon, shot with my 17mm, I liked the flower but did not see the snake (grand canyon rattler?) until got home and downloaded:

I00007HbDtXo60eM.jpg

Great pic. That's funny you didn't see the snake earlier. I had something similar years ago while filming a scuba dive. I spent 45 minutes filming a large friendly and inquisitive trigger fish. When I anxiously showed the footage to my wife, she asked, "what type I'd Shark was it?" I rebooked at the footage to see a shark swim over my head several times, I completely missed it.

W.

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

Back