Powell shuttle for hikers?

Brendan S

Does anyone know of a boat shuttle service for hikers? From what I can gather you can do a one-way "hiker" shuttle on the rainbow bridge tour boat but trying to plan for a March trip (among a couple others) and looks like it doesn't start running til April unless there are sufficient people day-to-day...

At least for this trip a rainbow bridge pick up and drop off would be just fine...

I've seen boats dropping off and picking up kayakers near Labyrinth several times. I found this here:

Can I hire a motorboat to take my kayak and gear up the lake and back?
There are two licensed companies on Lake Powell that provide water shuttles: Aramark Executive Services (928-645-1037, out of Wahweap Marina) and Antelope Point Marina (928-645-5900). Expect to pay between $150-$200 per hour for your group. The maximum group size per water taxi is 6, but it may be less depending on the size of the water taxi available. The water taxis charge for the roundtrip time of each shuttle run.

Approximate roundtrip times to various points on the lake:
Labyrinth Canyon - 1 hour
Face or West Canyon - 2 hours
Cathedral Canyon - 3 hours
Rainbow Bridge (Oak Canyon) - 4 hours
Escalante Arm - 6 hours

I'm always happy to give a free ride on my boat to a BCP friend if schedules aligned. I'm tentatively planning to be out there in April, June, July, August, September and possibly October. I probably won't spend much time south of the San Juan this year though.

Thanks so much for the offer. I might hit you up to see your schedule later in the summer/fall.

Maybe I'll try a couple phone calls to wahweep. Seems like there's gotta be a few folks who'd be up for a trip for $ for gas and their time.

Also, am I crazy to think it wouldn't be difficult to hitch a ride BACK from rainbow bridge if you're waving a $50? Maybe mid/late march is too early for that hope?

Thanks for the help...I've been spending tons of time backpacking in the area but I'm a complete n00b to the boating scene. I have a work buddy whose parents live in Page with a boat that I plan to utilize at some point but just trying to figure out if there are any other options out there.

The tricky thing is that it's technically illegal for anyone to accept cash to shuttle you around unless they are approved by the NPS. Most people coming and going from the dock at Rainbow Bridge probably don't know or care about that though, so it could be easy to catch a lift. That dock is hopping in the summertime but it can be really hit or miss in the shoulder seasons, especially later in the day. You'd be lucky to see anyone there in mid/late March.

I've seen boats dropping off and picking up kayakers near Labyrinth several times. I found this here:

Can I hire a motorboat to take my kayak and gear up the lake and back?
There are two licensed companies on Lake Powell that provide water shuttles: Aramark Executive Services (928-645-1037, out of Wahweap Marina) and Antelope Point Marina (928-645-5900). Expect to pay between $150-$200 per hour for your group. The maximum group size per water taxi is 6, but it may be less depending on the size of the water taxi available. The water taxis charge for the roundtrip time of each shuttle run.
Approximate roundtrip times to various points on the lake:
Labyrinth Canyon - 1 hour
Face or West Canyon - 2 hours
Cathedral Canyon - 3 hours
Rainbow Bridge (Oak Canyon) - 4 hours
Escalante Arm - 6 hours

I'm always happy to give a free ride on my boat to a BCP friend if schedules aligned. I'm tentatively planning to be out there in April, June, July, August, September and possibly October. I probably won't spend much time south of the San Juan this year though.

Hey Nick! I'm planning a similar kayaking overnight trip, aiming for Labyrinth Canyon, with a buddy earlier this coming April. You see yourself being around the area this April?