Post photos to our wall, get a free shirt

Nick

-
There are some pretty spectacular photographers that frequent backcountrypost and the rest of us get a pretty good shot now and then too. ;) It's one of the things I love the most about backcountrypost and what attracts a lot of people and helps the community grow.

So we're going to start giving you free stuff for sharing your awesome photos. Just post your best shots on the backcountrypost facebook wall, and each month, we'll pick our favorite and give the photographer a free backcountrypost hiking shirt and sticker pack. Easy!

fb.com/backcountrypost

I think it would be cool for you to select a theme for the month and see what kind of cool things people came up with. :)

I think it would be cool for you to select a theme for the month and see what kind of cool things people came up with. :)

That's actually something we were thinking about. I figured we'd start it out wide open and then see how it comes together but I'm pretty sure that's going to happen.

Wouldn't have to be every month. It will be cool to see what all the creative people come up with.

Is this a site admins pick the fave or do you want community involvement?

Is this a site admins pick the fave or do you want community involvement?

Probably just an admin pick kind of thing. Or perhaps admin will pick weekly winners and then put the monthly up to a member vote or something. Not totally sure to be honest. Kind of depends on what kind of response we get.

Many of us have huge back catalogs of pictures, had you thought about limiting it to new pictures only (3 months say), would have to be on the honour system but all of us are honourable persons aren't we?

Many of us have huge back catalogs of pictures, had you thought about limiting it to new pictures only (3 months say), would have to be on the honour system but all of us are honourable persons aren't we?

That seems like a good honor policy. Let's go with that. In fact, let's generally try to keep the photos to within the last 4-6 weeks.

I gave it a try. I usually never post on Facebook (I rarely have an active account). I think prior to this I only posted one picture in my lifetime.

First weekly winner for August will get picked this week... get your photos in! I'm thinking we'll pick 4 weekly shots and then put them up to a vote at the end of each month and let you guys decide who wins.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JBinSB Captioning photos in my post Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
Janice Field Trip - Washington Post podcast about national parks General Discussion 0
Rockskipper Lunar eclipse shots anyone? Post 'em here. Photography 10
Nethos Another water post(Bowdie/Midway) Trip Planning 10
D First Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
TrektheWorld Backcountry Post Logo - Found! Everything Else 1
Cait Hell's Kitchen Basin - Old Pack Trail post Box Fire Trip Reports 3
balzaccom Self promotional post. Really. General Discussion 6
fossana Death Valley road closures post flooding Trip Planning 3
Nick 2018 Backcountry Post Shirts General Discussion 106
Perry Forgive my Non-backcountry Post... Santa Came Early to My House Photography 15
longtimesun Happy to provide beta on Mountains - New timer to BackCountry Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Outdoor_Fool Yellowstone - 9 Mile Post to South Entrance Backpacking 1
R Noob post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
R Noob post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
JohnP Mt Olympus - a Noob's First Post Hiking & Camping 13
Tye Dye Twins Where to Post Backcountry skiing stuff? Questions, Suggestions & Support 8
Vegan.Hiker Post Your Videos General Discussion 11
uintahiker Sierra Trading Post coupon codes Gear 15
rundrumkc Post hike--BURGER & FRIES General Discussion 9
Antlerking Album Unique, not seen finds - Post yours Photography 31
slc_dan Hamburger Rocks via The Post -Capitol Reef- Backpacking 14
Laura Need help deleting useless post ;) Questions, Suggestions & Support 2
Nick Show off your Backcountry Post stickers! General Discussion 55
Backcountry Post Quick Start Guide To Using Backcountry Post Questions, Suggestions & Support 2
Nick Sierra Trading Post Coupon Codes Gear 30
Nick Post Your Trip Reports & Gear Reviews To Win Free Gear! General Discussion 38
uintahiker New suggestion- mandatory Noob post when signing up Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
kwc A Few More Photos from Scatman’s Grizzly Lake trip … Backpacking 3
Ugly Mistake Photos Photography 13
Parma Let's See Your US National Parks Signs Photos Photography 21
Titans Prescribed burn South Monroe Mountain- photos from Capitol Reef area Photography 0
Nick 2019 Backcountry Fest Photos Everything Else 100
TrektheWorld HDR Photos - your opinions Photography 21
Titans Petrified Forest NP - Photos Everything Else 3
TractorDoc Album Up Close and Personal -- Photos Focused on the Details Photography 190
Absarokanaut Captions for Rotating Photos of Trips on Forum "Home" Page? Questions, Suggestions & Support 6
Reef&Ruins Amazing Photos from An Air-Freighter Pilot Photography 0
Parma Eclipse Photos General Discussion 15
Ross Picasaweb's demise & sharing photos from it General Discussion 1
leatherman Trouble uploading photos Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
Vegan.Hiker Album Non-Backcountry Photos Photography 237
Parma High Res Photos? General Discussion 5
Laura How to take glowing tent campsite photos Photography 35
Nick Album Vintage Outdoors Photos Photography 51
Bigred72 Flickr is about to sell off your Creative Commons photos Photography 2
Nick How to Shoot Star Trail Photos Resource Discussions 5
IntrepidXJ My Ten Favorite Photos of 2013 Photography 0
Laura Christmas Season Photos Photography 4