Podcasts

scatman

While lying in bed Saturday morning around 5:00 am listening to the radio half asleep, a segment on the New York Radio hour caught my attention enough that I completely woke up to pay heed to what was being said. It's about a self described "adventurer" who didn't quite fit in in "normal" society, and decided to paddle a canoe around the country on multiple adventures. I thought that maybe some of the folks on this site might enjoy hearing the podcast, I know I did. The segment was originally broadcast back in 2015, so it is entirely possible that some have heard it before. Nevertheless, it might be worth a repeat listen. :) It sounds like an author has finished writing a book about the adventurer and that is why they rebroadcast this segment on Saturday. While I can relate to some of the character's characteristics, I do know that this is the kind of person that I thoroughly enjoy meeting out in the big wide world when the opportunity arises.

The Missing Boater

Last edited:
While lying in bed Saturday morning around 5:00 am listening to the radio half asleep, a segment on the New York Radio hour caught my attention enough that I completely woke up to pay heed to what was being said. It's about a self described "adventurer" who didn't quite fit in in "normal" society, and decided to paddle a canoe around the country on multiple adventures. I thought that maybe some of the folks on this site might enjoy hearing the podcast, I know I did. The segment was originally broadcast back in 2015, so it is entirely possible that some have heard it before. Nevertheless, it might be worth a repeat listen. :) It sounds like an author has finished writing a book about the adventurer and that is why they rebroadcast this segment on Saturday. While I can relate to some of the character's characteristics, I do know that this is the kind of person that I thoroughly enjoy meeting out in the big wide world when the opportunity arises.

The Missing Boater
I love podcasts and listen often. I look forward to hearing this - thanks for sharing.

Just read this NYTimes review of the book. Quite positive! (And I don't think I missed a critical explanation - it's unclear what happened to him.)

Back