Plan to avoid Delaware North services at all times!

balzaccom

If you know anywhere that Delaware North is trying to stay open for business in the USA, please let us know, so that we can advocate a boycott of their services.

What jerks!

The U.S. Justice Department has responded publicly for the first time to the lawsuit that DNC filed over the trademark of Yosemite iconic names like the Ahwahnee and Curry Village:

“With an aggressive, 25-page lawsuit response that foreshadows more maneuvering to come, the Justice Department publicly asserts for the first time that the former Yosemite concessionaire proposed an “improper and wildly inflated” value for the trademarked park names.

The company, DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite Inc., demanded to be paid for the trademarks it valued at $44 million. The National Park Service, by contrast, said the trademarks for such park names as “The Ahwahnee” hotel were worth only $1.63 million.

“DNCY’s parent company has apparently embarked on a business model whereby it collects trademarks to the names of iconic property owned by the United States,” Justice Department attorney John H. Robertson wrote.

The parent company, Buffalo, N.Y.-based Delaware North, also has a concession at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida and “has a trademark application for the name ‘Space Shuttle Atlantis,’ ” Robertson pointedly noted.”

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article53172300.html

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
fossana Bears Ears NM draft Resource Management Plan open for public comment until 6/11/2024 General Discussion 5
fossana Public comment for revised Grand Staircase Escalante NM management plan (comments open 11 Aug - 9 Nov) General Discussion 11
B Sawtooths - Off Trail Route Plan Trip Planning 9
OwenM Backup plan for Needles in December? Trip Planning 2
U Glacier North Circle Loop Mid July - Looking for an alternative back-up plan for a 3-4 nighter Trip Planning 0
DrNed Plan B to High Uintas Backpacking Trip Planning 20
mattvogt7 Plan B Backpacking 12
fossana Plan B Rainy Day Backyard Exploring Hiking & Camping 9
jdfut66 Teton Crest Trail backup plan Trip Planning 5
Nick A Swell Plan B Hiking & Camping 10
Rockskipper NASA has plan to defuse Yellowstone (for real) General Discussion 4
kimbur96 Want to plan my first multi day trip, thinking Continental Divide NST Trip Planning 3
Perry Cuberant Basin On Sunday - Need Some Advice and a Plan B Trip Planning 6
Mike Jones Always have a Plan D... Hiking & Camping 3
balzaccom File a hike plan? Not this way... Trip Planning 3
LarryBoy Help plan a February weekend in southern Utah! Trip Planning 12
Dave Grand Staircase grazing plan General Discussion 42
uintahiker Plan My Trip: Carlsbad vs Flagstaff/Sedona vs. SoCal Trip Planning 2
Dave Virgin River management plan General Discussion 0
jrh Help me plan my trip (while I'm on it!) Trip Planning 8
jdgibney Plan for Visiting/Shooting Coyote Buttes North Photography 6
jdgibney Help Me Plan Our Trip! Trip Planning 40
uintahiker Resources used to find/plan a trip Trip Planning 16
Laura Looking to avoid photographers Trip Planning 10