Pack raft

Wanderlust073

I know some of you are in to packrafting, and this isn't quite one of those, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience with this thing:

I was hoping someone would have an opinion on this because it does look interesting.
Curious where and how (lakes rivers) you think you would use it and how far you might be able to hike it in?

it's like 2-3x the weight of a packraft, and I already find a full packraft kit to be pretty heavy, so I'd probably only want to use this for short approaches.

would love to know about the durability. on one hand the weight gives them plenty of material to throw at the problem, but on the other hand the lower cost means they probably aren't using techniques and materials that are as good as an Alpacka or whatever.

in any case I'd absolutely not take this on a trip where it's likely to hit very many rocks without some more information....

Agreed with the above. Really bulky and heavy and not shaped for more than flat water. The floor fabric is similar weight to the alpacas (1000d vs 840d) but the body fabric a lot heavier.

if you just want something to hike into lakes, something like a Klymit or Supai is cheaper and lighter and if you want more versatility just get an alpacka.

I ordered it, should have it next week. Lot of my buddies fish using belly boats, but I was looking for something a little sturdier and with oars. I don't consider 29lbs a heavy load really. I saw some of those 3-4 lb inflatables and there are serious construction differences between explaining why they weigh what they do.

@Pianomover a lot of the mountain reservoirs here don't allow motorized boats. Get tired of being stuck on the shore.

I ordered it, should have it next week. Lot of my buddies fish using belly boats, but I was looking for something a little sturdier and with oars. I don't consider 29lbs a heavy load really. I saw some of those 3-4 lb inflatables and there are serious construction differences between explaining why they weigh what they do.

@Pianomover a lot of the mountain reservoirs here don't allow motorized boats. Get tired of being stuck on the shore.
Interested to hear how it works out.

It’s great! Went skiing this morning then jumped in the raft for some afternoon fishing. Very stable, easy to maneuver around. I was worried about feeling cramped but no problems there either.

Can’t say it improved my fishing though... lol