Osprey packs

Carcass

Looking to bump up in a pack and saw the Osprey Aether and Atmos. Seem to fit good. Does anyone have experience with this brand? Is it durable? I tend to abuse my packs at times.

I love them. If you go too light with them, they might not stand up to the use. I’ve had one tear. But they have a lifetime guarantee. If something breaks they’ll fix it.

I love them. If you go too light with them, they might not stand up to the use. I’ve had one tear. But they have a lifetime guarantee. If something breaks they’ll fix it.
Thanks!

Looking to bump up in a pack and saw the Osprey Aether and Atmos. Seem to fit good. Does anyone have experience with this brand? Is it durable? I tend to abuse my packs at times.
Great brand. I didn't love the fit of my Atmos, as it rubbed my hips in a weird way. So I switched to Granite Gear for backpacking packs and have loved that brand. Still love my Osprey Raptor that I use for summer dayhikes though.

No experience with those packs. I do have experience with the warranty. My granddaughter broke a strap on her Aura after several years of use. We were at Mesa Verde N.P. and took the pack to Osprey Headquarters in Cortez. They kept the old pack and sent my granddaughter a new one.
I’m an Osprey fan forever!
Wayne

Last edited:
I've had a Stratos for my daypack for the past few years and I love it. The fit is great, it is super light, and I've never had any trouble with the quality.

My Aether is 11 years old now, still super comfy and looks to go on for a long time more. I love the way it carries weight. My Talon 33 is only 5 years old and just a super pack for smaller loads. If they fit you and your body type, they fit like a custom pack, for me at least. They have repaired girlfriend’s Stratos no charge and free shipping back. She carries a small Kestral now and really likes it.

I have a small Osprey daypack a friend gave me. I think it has to be at least 10 years old, and I throw it around and drop it in creeks and stomp it every so often and let the dogs chew on it just to be sure it looks like the rest of my gear, but it never stops looking new. SO disappointing. :)

Last edited:
Only complaint is the side mesh water bottle pockets did not hold up to raising and lowering the pack against sandstone

Same thing happened to me in Coyote Gulch this spring.

I love my Atmos 65, so much that I bought a second one.

They stand behind their packs - great company.

I've had an Atmos 65 for about 8 years now and love it. However, I went to replace it with a newer model earlier this spring and do not like the new AG suspension at all! The hip belt does not fit around my hips/waist comfortably (maybe it works fine for skinnier people, but not for me). I was disappointed in this change and and am now going to stick with my old Atmos 65 (as long as it doesn't fall apart) until I can find something that I like better.

I have been using an Aether 70 for about 9 to 10 years. Bought another a couple years back with the improved waist belt. I use the old one for Jeep/UTV camping where they suffer a bit of abrasion on occasion.

No complaints other than they are not the lightest. I've been temped to cut a bunch of stuff off that never gets used. I also have a couple of their smaller day packs which have been really great.

The Atmos 65 AG was at the top of my list when I was looking at packs. However, the REI salesman talked me into the Aether 70 instead. It's a great pack, but I went ahead and purchased the Atmos as well, just to make sure. I like the fit of the Atmos better and the two external back zippered pockets (and my gear seemed to fit inside better), so I'll be returning the Aether. Don't get me wrong, it's a great pack, just seemed 'too much' pack for the activities I plan to use it for.