Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

I'm Philippe from France (subburbs of Paris), please excuse my poor English.

I am a big fan of the Southwest (especially Utah and Arizona) where I have done at least a vacation trip every year since 1998. I love to hike off the beaten places (sometimes with American friends) and I am also found of Indian ruins and rockart.

I have a modest website with some pictures (that I haven’t updated since a while) : www.phschuler.com

I appreciated a lot this blog for its interesting reports from Nick (very pleasant to read and with so many superb pictures), and now I do also appreciate its forum with all the nice reports and usefull advices from other members (that maybe I will meet by chance on some trails).

Philippe
Philippe is a world-class photographer. I have gone to places where he took amazing pictures and have come back with something less. Philippe, I hope to meet you some day.

I'm Philippe from France (subburbs of Paris), please excuse my poor English.

I am a big fan of the Southwest (especially Utah and Arizona) where I have done at least a vacation trip every year since 1998. I love to hike off the beaten places (sometimes with American friends) and I am also found of Indian ruins and rockart.

Philippe, it's so nice to have you here ;)

I'm Clint -I've had the good fortune to spend a few days on the trail with a few of you already, and a lot of days with Summit. I spend as much time as I can in the south during the summer, spring and fall - winter trips have been slim pickin's the last couple of years. I'm married, and have 7 month old daughter, Juniper - this year will be her first big camping season, I plan to spend a lot of days out as soon as it warms a bit.

Welcome... You were not by chance camping in Capitol Reef last August? (if so and you left your Journal there do you want it back ?) Oh yes your English is unfortunately better than a lot of people whose first language is supposed to be English o_O
Hi Doss,

I was not camping in Capitol Reef last August, so it is not my Journal. If you can find the name of the owner in this Journal, feel free to send this name to me in a private message and maybe I will find this guy on some french forums.

Philippe

Philippe is a world-class photographer. I have gone to places where he took amazing pictures and have come back with something less. Philippe, I hope to meet you some day.

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the compliment about my photography. I am not really a photographer (as are some excellent photographers on this forum), I am a hiker who enjoys to take some pictures of the amazing features of the Southwest.

I will be pleased to meet you too.

Philippe

Stumbled across this page the other day and not sure where from and thought the site sounded familiar and so it was..... As for me I like to get out and play whenever I can. Love to take some photos and getting in to a little bit of timelapse photography... However right now this time of year it is all about the Ice Fishing! Anyway always up for a new adventure, and love to be outside!

Nick! Awesome site. So whens that ankle going to be healed up? We need to get back down to the desert. There is lots of slots to be explored! Get well soon man.

Glad to be a part of it! I'll have to contribute.

Haha, thanks! I take pride in being nuts. Good times up there in the mountains lately. That was yesterday across from Alta.

Welcome Sandy we are happy to have you here!

Yo, I'm here. Going to stay there too. I kinda like the rubbish bin. But this place looks neat; I guess I should check it out...

Yo, I'm here. Going to stay there too. I kinda like the rubbish bin. But this place looks neat; I guess I should check it out...

I just going to lay it all out there and say that I love your avatar.