New from Atlanta, GA

mike54704

Hey everyone!

My name is Michael Coleman, and I joined this forum for two reasons: 1. because I am a noob, and 2. because I am in need of some advice.

I am planning a trip to the Southwest part of the US for my spring break with some friends. We are looking for somewhere to go on a 4-5 day backpacking trip the first week of March. The ideal hike would be somewhere near a water source and warm enough to swim, but not so hot that we will be miserable hiking. I would also like a place that has little to no light pollution because I want to have an amazing view of the stars at night.

We had originally planned on doing the Trans Zion Trek, but it seems like all of Utah is going to be pretty cold the first week of March.

Any Ideas would be awesome!

Thanks!

Yeah, not a lot of comfy swimming anywhere in Utah in early March. The Trans Zion still wouldn't be a terrible idea though, especially with the lack of snow this year, but it would definitely be warmer to head to lower elevations. Cedar Mesa and Escalante are both good areas for 4-5 trips like that. The Grand Canyon would also be a really good choice and probably offer the warmest temps of all the options around there.

Welcome to BCP!

Yeah, not a lot of comfy swimming anywhere in Utah in early March. The Trans Zion still wouldn't be a terrible idea though, especially with the lack of snow this year, but it would definitely be warmer to head to lower elevations. Cedar Mesa and Escalante are both good areas for 4-5 trips like that. The Grand Canyon would also be a really good choice and probably offer the warmest temps of all the options around there.

Welcome to BCP!
Thanks a lot Nick! Yea I really want to do the Trans Zion. It looks amazing. I guess I could always plan on doing that and just keep an eye on the weather conditions leading up to March and ask the rangers when we get there. Thanks for the suggestions man!