Natural Bridges, Calaveras Ca.

Bobbiesworld626

Up hill sucks. Change my mind.
The two hour drive is well worth the less than 2 mile round trip hike to this wonderous place. The hike its self is a walk in the park and, IMO, not that great. The final destination is what makes this place worth the travel. Especially if you get it all to yourself. The first time I went, there were far to many people, a lot of ill mannered children, and over all just kind of a bust. This time, we showed up and there were only two other people, who were getting ready to leave. The kids and I had the place to ourselves for well over an hour. We swam through the cave and hung out on the side with no else in sight. It took us a good minute to actually get in the water. I tried to act tuff and say it wasnt cold. They could tell I was freezing. Finally we said screw it. We latched on to the floating and kicked off. I'm not sure if I'm just that out of shape, or if the water was just that cold, but it took us a good minute to swim all the way through. You can walk up the stream past the cave if you wish. I have yet to do so, but I will the next time I'm up there.

20190418_121723.jpg

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Is it a sink-hole? Oh, and did you don your Unicorn onesie for the swim? ;)

No. It's a bridge they would use to get cattle across the river. But it's cave like underneath. I didnt get any good pictures of the inside because I wanted to play in the water. Lol. All of my onesies are afraid of the water. So no unicorn-mermaid hybrid. Though that would be an epic onesie.