Mystery set in the High Sierra

balzaccom

I am delighted that Val de Grace books is releasing my series of mystery novels set in the High Sierra--first book is out June 15.

here's what they say about it: Paul Wagner has combined his love of story-telling with his love of the Sierra to write a mystery novel, Danger: Falling Rocks, featuring ranger Dan Courtwright. It’s fun, exciting, and a great choice for summer reading, whether you are on a trip, or just enjoying a stay-cation. Highly recommended!

But don’t take our word for it—here are a couple of other opinions:
“Danger: Falling Rocks” gives us a vibrant feel of the high Sierra, a charming new mystery hero, and an engaging, fast-moving mystery written with energy and a nice touch of wit. Paul Wagner’s love of the outdoors and his experience hiking and camping takes readers right into the mountains. The zippy writing keeps the story moving along the Sierra trails, through the lineup of interesting, quirky characters, and down the winding mystery path until the satisfying end. It’s a great summer read, whether or not you can find your way into the wilderness.”
-- Rick Kushman, best-selling NY Times author and co-host of Bottle Talk from Cap Radio in Sacramento

“It is an enjoyable read and reflects a lifestyle that not many people are blessed to lead. As a practitioner of this way of life and a pursuer of wilderness settings, this reading has my seal of approval.”
-- Chip Morrill, ex-US Forest Service Wilderness Ranger and White-Water Guide

“Paul Wagner is not only one of the great wine educators and wine story tellers in the world, now he is telling his stories in his new mystery novels. Can’t put the book down!!”

--Brian Murphy, President, Wine Cruise Club, Expedia Cruise Ship Centers

If you want a signed copy, PM me and we'll work it out somehow...

I am delighted that Val de Grace books is releasing my series of mystery novels set in the High Sierra--first book is out June 15.

here's what they say about it: Paul Wagner has combined his love of story-telling with his love of the Sierra to write a mystery novel, Danger: Falling Rocks, featuring ranger Dan Courtwright. It’s fun, exciting, and a great choice for summer reading, whether you are on a trip, or just enjoying a stay-cation. Highly recommended!

But don’t take our word for it—here are a couple of other opinions:
“Danger: Falling Rocks” gives us a vibrant feel of the high Sierra, a charming new mystery hero, and an engaging, fast-moving mystery written with energy and a nice touch of wit. Paul Wagner’s love of the outdoors and his experience hiking and camping takes readers right into the mountains. The zippy writing keeps the story moving along the Sierra trails, through the lineup of interesting, quirky characters, and down the winding mystery path until the satisfying end. It’s a great summer read, whether or not you can find your way into the wilderness.”
-- Rick Kushman, best-selling NY Times author and co-host of Bottle Talk from Cap Radio in Sacramento

“It is an enjoyable read and reflects a lifestyle that not many people are blessed to lead. As a practitioner of this way of life and a pursuer of wilderness settings, this reading has my seal of approval.”
-- Chip Morrill, ex-US Forest Service Wilderness Ranger and White-Water Guide

“Paul Wagner is not only one of the great wine educators and wine story tellers in the world, now he is telling his stories in his new mystery novels. Can’t put the book down!!”

--Brian Murphy, President, Wine Cruise Club, Expedia Cruise Ship Centers

If you want a signed copy, PM me and we'll work it out somehow...
Congrats on your book! I checked it out, and it sounds fun. It makes me think of this real-life murder mystery at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore that occurred a few years after we moved to Michigan: https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna25443664.

Apologies to those who are trying to buy the book through Amazon. The first copies sold out. We should have new copies available by July 1.

I did get a nice review:

"Danger: Falling Rocks," clever and captivating, is greatly enriched by the setting Wagner creates in meticulous detail. He pulls readers along on a trail through the mountains, keenly observing a world in which the greatest threat, of course, is humans...
An excellent excursion for armchair mountaineers, "Danger: Falling Rocks," could also inspire one to dust off the old backpack and head for the hills...

Sasha Paulsen, Napa Valley Register