Mushrooms

Bob

Trailmaster
An abundance of these this year after all the rain last week. This is the largest I've seen, It's about 12" dia shroom.jpg........ Anybody know about them.

Pretty sure that one is Boletus/Porcini/King based on where you were, but would need to see the underside to be sure. I've been seeing reports of people finding them down there for the last couple of weeks. These are highly desirable. I almost asked you if you saw any like this when I saw your other mushroom pictures. I would have made a trip down there if I'd known they were there. I found some a little south of there at Rock Creek Lake a couple years ago.

Pretty sure that one is Boletus/Porcini/King based on where you were, but would need to see the underside to be sure. I've been seeing reports of people finding them down there for the last couple of weeks. These are highly desirable. I almost asked you if you saw any like this when I saw your other mushroom pictures. I would have made a trip down there if I'd known they were there. I found some a little south of there at Rock Creek Lake a couple years ago.
There are probly 50 like that in the forest around the house.... Come get them

There are probly 50 like that in the forest around the house.... Come get them
Don't tempt me! Do they look like this...instead of having gills like a normal mushroom it's more like a tight-grained sponge under the cap?
Captureking.JPG

I couldn't begin to tell good from bad, I stay away from them all.

Aaarggg, I must have mushroom fever!!! I confused your post with another one earlier this week so my comments were made with me thinking the picture was taken in the Southern Sierra. I'm not at all familiar with Idaho mushrooms, but given what I can see I think my ID still may be correct.

Aaarggg, I must have mushroom fever!!! I confused your post with another one earlier this week so my comments were made with me thinking the picture was taken in the Southern Sierra. I'm not at all familiar with Idaho mushrooms, but given what I can see I think my ID still may be correct.
That is what I thought the were ... But I don't do much with them ...

Not a King Bolete from what the stem looks like. What color does the spongy underside bruise to?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I don't know what they are but they looked cool

mushrooms%20copy-XL.jpg

When we've hiked in the Pacific NW and northern MI, I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing different fungi. I look forward to lots more photos from you!

When we've hiked in the Pacific NW and northern MI, I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing different fungi. I look forward to lots more photos from you!
I just need to learn how to take good pictures of fungi and mushrooms. They are so tiny, that it's hard to really focus on them with my camera. Well, I also need to get a macro lens, too.

Not really sure what these are. Found them in Eastern Washington in the North Cascades. They had fairly thick skins and popped open like a puffbal, but no powder visible. There were also lots of morels and coral fungus nearby.
a6e8aaba52d9edc3b09d7623a2d97aa3.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back