Moderate routes that visit glaciers in Wind River Range?

jjmcwill

I think I'm pretty settled on a route next year that takes me and my group from Big Sandy, up toward Pyramid Lake and a day hike visit to East Fork/Desolation Valley, then back south and up Washakie Creek, over Texas Pass into the Cirque, and finally out over Jackass Pass and back to the trail head.

However, I'm curious about the many glaciers that summitpost.com state the northern range contains. My interest lies mainly in pondering yet ANOTHER trip to WY sometime in the future.

I've been looking through Nancy Pallister's book as well as the Falcon guide by Adkinson.

From what I can see, cool looking glaciers like Sourdough glacier / Iceberg Lake are only accessible via long, tough off-trail routes.

Are there any moderate routes that access or offer good views of Wind RIver Glaciers?

Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Burrito Looking for moderate route in the wind rivers Trip Planning 8
2eez4life Suggestions: Uintas Backpacking with some rock climbing routes Trip Planning 0
M Canyonlands, and some random routes Trip Planning 7
la_alpinista Thoughts on potential off trail routes in Cloud Peak Wilderness CPW Trip Planning 1
J Off-Trail Routes in Montana or ID Trip Planning 10
J Escalante Natl Mon. Wolverine and Little Death Hollow and overland routes April 22-25, 2018 Backpacking 0
N Canyon Routes on East Side of Trachyte Creek Trip Planning 2
Bob Create Maps/Routes for Android Resource Discussions 1
ram 'Zion National Park: Summit Routes' General Discussion 0
steve Packraft Routes Trip Planning 39
Blake Merrell HELP! Need ideas for 50 mile routes in the Uintas Trip Planning 14
Ross Partner(s) for less-beaten routes in & around Zion NP Trip Planning 0
Bob Yellowstone - Electric Peak visit Backpacking 2
kwc Advice for a November visit to Las Vegas Trip Planning 10
Tim Valentine Alaska Visit August 2020 Hiking & Camping 16
WasatchWill Family's First Visit to Yellowstone Hiking & Camping 12
Stephanie B Capitol Reef National Park - First Real Visit Hiking & Camping 6
Dreamer Summer 2012: trip 1: a short visit to a small corner of The Great Wasted Forest of Northern Colorado Backpacking 11
WasatchWill First Visit to Joshua Tree NP Hiking & Camping 3
WasatchWill First visit to Lake Blanche Hiking & Camping 6
danger02ward Dead horse lake with a visit to continent lake,reconnaissance lake, red knob pass, and allsop pass Backpacking 4
powderglut A Visit to Bluff Hiking & Camping 2
Vegan.Hiker Desert noobs visit Zion and the North Rim Hiking & Camping 28
DrNed Day Hike Into Cuberant Basin - And Hopefully A Visit With Sasquatch Trip Planning 1
jdgibney Dinosaur National Monument: Worth a quick visit? Trip Planning 3
WasatchWill Family's First Visit to Goblin Valley Hiking & Camping 2
Sandro Suggestions: hikes and places to visit around Kanab General Discussion 5