memorial weekend...gulp

OMG!!! In a good way and BAD way. Lets just say it took me one extra day to get home. :confused: So exhausted and the blisters on my feet from West Rim/Subway barley healed in time for the hike in/out of Havasupai. I am laughing and crying over this trip.

OMG!!! In a good way and BAD way. Lets just say it took me one extra day to get home. :confused: So exhausted and the blisters on my feet from West Rim/Subway barley healed in time for the hike in/out of Havasupai. I am laughing and crying over this trip.

Yikes! Can't wait to hear about it!

trip report or it didnt happen :hot:

Some pretty epic plans in this thread... how'd they all go?

Cancelled our trip to the Uintas due to snow and cold temps. Waited around for the "foretasted" lighting all weekend but there was none. Made it up to the DH race and Sundance but left after a few hours because I was sick.

At least I got some some decent shots

Sundance by Summit42, on Flickr

Cascade Meadows by Summit42, on Flickr

not much in the way of adventure for me, but made my first trip to Telluride, CO for Mountainfilm. Damn, that place is insanely beautiful. presented the film on Saturday and Sunday, and caught a handful of other impressive films. Mountainfilm.jpgIMAG0208.jpgIMAG0206.jpgIMAG0202.jpg

Spent the long weekend in the Needles. Found some new rock art and backpacked to Peekaboo since the road is still closed...

well, I first off bailed on my havasupi falls trip and instead went to moab to canyoneer with better friends, but my actual memorial weekend...well...it was one of the most ...interesting camping trips I've ever been on. Excited to see all of the TR's as well

Some pretty epic plans in this thread... how'd they all go? I'm almost done with part 1 of my trip report from the 38-mile jaunt through The Maze. Epic? YES.

Dinosaur NM was awesome. Zero crowds, as usual. Finally camped in Echo Park. Woot woot! The wind on Saturday was crazy though. It broke one of our tent poles and ripped some holes in the tent. Fortunately we had duck tape to get us through, but that tent ended up in the trash at the end of the trip. The weather was quite cool compared to the weather in Escalante the next few days.:hot:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Janice Family trip to Grand Teton Memorial Day weekend? Trip Planning 5
IntrepidXJ Memorial Day Weekend 2020 General Discussion 22
wabenho Memorial Weekend Family Campout Hiking & Camping 2
Nanda Escalante Area - Memorial Day weekend Hiking & Camping 5
Stickerbumper Zion Traverse Memorial Day Weekend - Shuttle Meet Up (Members Only) 0
Scott Chandler Valley of 10,000 Smokes Memorial Weekend Backpacking 9
IntrepidXJ Maze Memorial Weekend III Hiking & Camping 6
IntrepidXJ Maze Memorial Weekend II Hiking & Camping 7
A Memorial Day Weekend 2015 Backpacking Trip - Southern Utah Trip Planning 0
Stephanie Escalante for Memorial Day weekend? Ideas? Trip Planning 9
natylka Memorial Weekend backpacking in Southern Utah Trip Planning 10
IntrepidXJ Maze Memorial Weekend Hiking & Camping 11
Stephanie Needing a good Memorial Day weekend trip! Trip Planning 5
markj Death Hollow May 24-27, Memorial Day Weekend! Meet Up (Members Only) 0
Jason Memorial Day Weekend Trip Planning 3
J Pics of my Memorial Weekend, 2009 trip to Death Hollow Utah...... Backpacking 8
blueeyes Havasupai Memorial Day Weekend 2012 Backpacking 15
barl0w Capitol Reef NP - Memorial Day Weekend Hiking & Camping 5
Tyler Capitol Reef Memorial Day weekend 2010 Hiking & Camping 7
regehr memorial day General Discussion 10
Rockskipper Yellowstone visitation down 34% over Memorial Day - maybe price of gas? Any predictions for the summer? General Discussion 17
kwc Something Different - Flight 93 Memorial Everything Else 3
stevecochranephotography Storm King Mountain Memorial Trail... Glenwood Springs, Colorado Hiking & Camping 6
D Memorial Day backpacking ideas Trip Planning 5
WasatchWill Memorial Day: Another great trip to Torrey Hiking & Camping 11
steve Video: Salt Creek Canyon - Memorial Day 2015 Backpacking 2
Bob Aerial Firefighting Air Tanker 11 Memorial General Discussion 0
LarryBoy Sawtooths over Memorial Day Trip Planning 4
andyjaggy Mountain Trip Over Memorial Day Trip Planning 2
JMo Memorial Day Suggestions? Trip Planning 13
Outdoors24 A weekend on the Pony Express Trail Off Road 2
V four day backpacking trip in southern Utah starting this weekend Trip Planning 4
kwc A Paddling Weekend in the Adirondacks On The Water 1
T Salt Creek this weekend Trip Planning 1
T Harris Wash/Silver Falls/Choprock/Fence Canyon Loop MLK weekend 2022 Backpacking 8
T Southern Utah Backpacking ideas for MLK Weekend? Trip Planning 21
P Yellowstone Snake River weekend Backpacking 7
regehr Uintas this weekend? Trip Planning 4
TrektheWorld Utah Trip - last weekend of October 2021 Meet Up (Members Only) 2
TrektheWorld Where should I go this weekend? Trip Planning 7
powderglut Hanksville Area/ Weekend Meet-Up 2019 Hiking & Camping 7
P Goose Lake weekend Backpacking 10
zionsky TR: A long weekend in Baxter Backpacking 7
Perry My First Multi-day Solo this Weekend - Looking for some Beta Trip Planning 0
fossana Arscenic, Slideanide, Clearwater, and Easter Pasture Canyons 4fer weekend Canyoneering 11
fossana San Rafael Swell MTB and salvaged packraft weekend Everything Else 13
LarryBoy Going South this Weekend? Meet Up (Members Only) 4
Hawk Utah : Lone Peak : This Weekend? Trip Planning 11
Jazzy Joe A Lucky Weekend above the Vermilion Cliffs Hiking & Camping 8
Yvonne A weekend in the Uintas Hiking & Camping 10