Meet Up Suggestions for 2013

Nick

-
It's getting cold which means it's time to start thinking about 2013 plans. The last couple of backcountrypost meet ups have had a lot of interest but not a lot of people actually showing up, so I'd like to try and schedule some for 2013 with plenty of notice and in places/activities that people are really interested in committing to. Any suggestions?

I think we tentatively have the ladies backpack trip for Ashdown Gorge in the works in May and @Summit was going to put his hair in pig tails and join us. I suppose if you men planned one at the same time same place and we happened to see each other on the trail we should share some beer around the campfire.

I have yet to see Canyonlands so maybe something there.

Since I got screwed out of Grand Gulch this year, it's a big priority for me for next year, so I'd like to put that idea out there. I'd love to see the meet up idea for Halls Creek Narrows resurrected for this spring. I think a lot of people on the forum, myself included, would be interested in a Wind Rivers meet up next summer. I bet a lot of people would get behind a meet up around Moab or the Swell, too.

I'd be up for a nice float fest as well as a fun Winds trip. The A/B overnighter on the Green is always a fun river trip, especially if you like to fish. And it's very friendly for new folks, and inexpensive.

I'd be up for a nice float fest as well as a fun Winds trip. The A/B overnighter on the Green is always a fun river trip, especially if you like to fish. And it's very friendly for new folks, and inexpensive.
I would like to try ou the winds and it would be a great reason to do so. I think early planning is the best bet to get people out (plan before the other half makes plans for me)

definitely more Canyons for me, one or two backpacks into the Uintas and I would love to go to the Winds.
And not to forget our ladies trip to Ashdown Gorge

@Summit was going to put his hair in pig tails and join us. I suppose if you men planned one at the same time same place and we happened to see each other on the trail we should share some beer around the campfire.

:twothumbs:

They can carry the beer for us :)

pixie1339

I would love to go to the Halls Creek Narrows, too. That's an area I have for quite a while on my bucket list.

definitely more Canyons for me, one or two backpacks into the Uintas and I would love to go to the Winds.
And not to forget our ladies trip to Ashdown Gorge

:twothumbs:

They can carry the beer for us :)

pixie1339

I would love to go to the Halls Creek Narrows, too. That's an area I have for quite a while on my bucket list.

Last time I backpacked with this crew they did pack me a beer! Best birthday beer ever.

my wishlist is the winds and the maze, hopefully I can do at least one of those next year! actually have many more wishes but the chance to go without kids doesn't come up more than twice a year soo......

I think we tentatively have the ladies backpack trip for Ashdown Gorge in the works in May and @Summit was going to put his hair in pig tails and join us. I suppose if you men planned one at the same time same place and we happened to see each other on the trail we should share some beer around the campfire.

I have yet to see Canyonlands so maybe something there.

DO NOT FORGET! You are biking the White Rim with me in mid- May. ;) And Rebecca and I could use another bad ass chic for the 18 hours of Fruita the first weekend of May. ;) Just your friendly reminder.

On my calendar! I haven't forgot.

Just looked at my calendar it is a full moon on the 25th. We should do Ashdown Gorge the weekend of the 25th.

On my calendar! I haven't forgot.

Just looked at my calendar it is a full moon on the 25th. We should do Ashdown Gorge the weekend of the 25th.

What is Ashdown Gorge and do I need to do this too? HEHE!

Um yeah!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I'd be up for Death Valley as well. Also I'm planning to come to Zion for a canyoneering class in May and would be up for a newbie canyon crawl!

I'd be up for Death Valley as well. Also I'm planning to come to Zion for a canyoneering class in May and would be up for a newbie canyon crawl!
death valley actually has some great canyons for beginners, if we actually made it happen. it's just a long drive for folks from utah, so it has to be a long weekend. generally lots of folks in DV over presidents day.