Maintenance Today

Nick

-
I'm going to be doing a bit of work on BCP today. I find it easier to just do things on the live site rather than do it on a test site and then make the changes, but that also means things might be a little out of place or perhaps even broken here and there. If you notice any prolonged issues, let me know. If the site isn't working, hit me up at nick@backcountrypost.com or through the BCP FB page.

Didn't get it all done so expect some changes over the next week. Please let me know if you find any bugs or other issues.

Okay, all done. Let me know if you guys see anything unusual, especially if you're on a PC running Internet Exploder. I don't usually test the site on anything other than my phone and Mac.

Most of the upgrades are in the back end, but you will notice some slight changes to the home page slide show. There will also no longer be an image attached to your trip reports that says "Featured image for home page". That's all contained in the back end now.

i LOVE the new tag cloud. I need help finding stuff and this will help. Why are most of the tags the same size in the cloud?

Thanks, Art. It seems that the Utah tag was pushing all the rest of the tags too low and messing up the cloud relativity. I deleted it and now it's looking a bit more proportionate.

Reactions: Ben
hey, what's a feature.
He means the "featured" story. These are the TR's that are brought into the home page slider - the image that is part of a sliding picture presentation on the home page. By their presence on the home page this way they are "featured" or highlighted. They will be noticed and clicked on more than ones that are not featured. It is a promotion tool.