Into the Escalante

lostlandscapes

rope mule
Over the brilliant fall weekend of October 20, drclef, nick, Dan Ransom, Zoemaster, two Lake Tahoetians and myself ventured off into relatively undocumented territory through the heart of Escalante. A mercilessly muddy 3 day backpackaneering bushwack would follow. Our ambitious route would take us from the lofty perch of the Egypt trailhead, down through the unknown, willow-choked depths of Egypt 6 and Twentyfive Mile Wash, up the Escalante River, into the dark subterranean slit of Ringtail Canyon, and finally concluding with a magical descent down the awe-inspiring Neon Canyon.

View larger map.
By the end, most were beaten, battered, and bruised. Yet it's an adventure that ranks up with the best of all time. Let's let the video do the rest of the talking. Enjoy!

Featured Image for home page:
slide.jpg

superb video footage of a really magnificent and epic trip.
I was relaxing beside the pool in Neon in June and always wondered how it will look like from above. Now I could the view in your video.
I also wished someone would rappel down so I could take pictures.
Unfortunately that wasn't going to happen.
But anyway, I wish I could do such technical trips as well. Maybe one day i the further future

....next time anyone is going to do Neon, let me know. This is SICK!!!

Damn, that looked like an epic trip to do in only 3 days. It was a pleasure running into all of you there. That video adds some canyons to my to do list.

Definitely one of the best trips I've been on in a long time. Even with the first 18 miles of 'exploring'. :) You captured it perfectly.

hahaha. hey, that's quality exploration man. none of us had any idea what E6 was like. glad y'all were good sports. plus, it made a much better loop!

agreed Tim, great video. thanks!

1R3LK.jpg

I'm only a few weeks late... but here's lostlandscapes in ringtail.

Back