I need a new day pack

Nick

-
Summit almost influenced me to pull the trigger on a Gregory Z30 on Steap and Cheap today but I didn't do it. But I do need a good day pack. Something big enough to attach my tripod to but not huge. I'm thinking 30 liters or less.

Anyone have suggestions?

It's a Kestrel 38. The size isn't way too big but definitely more than I need. One thing that pisses me off though. If the pack isn't full, sometimes the zipper on the sleeping bag opening can wiggle open. Hence how I left my awesome Best Friends Nalgene Bottle in Mystery Canyon this year. :( (Hopefully that's all I left)

I love my Gregory packs! Nothing else seems to be as comfy for me to pack...

I have the Gregory Z30 and have a tripod attached on one of the sides. I can do it really easily.
I really love the Gregory, lot of space in it for a day hike and it could also work for a short overnighter.

. I like the osprey manta's. my bro has one and I'm mildly jealous of it...

I've also kinda had my eye on the clik elite cloudscape for a little while.

Man, that Osprey Manta 30 does look sweet, but a bit spendy, me thinks. $150!?

The Gregory Z30 came up on SAC again tonight and I sat there and debated it for a few minutes. Went to add it to cart and.. GONE! :mad:

It's a Kestrel 38. The size isn't way too big but definitely more than I need. One thing that pisses me off though. If the pack isn't full, sometimes the zipper on the sleeping bag opening can wiggle open. Hence how I left my awesome Best Friends Nalgene Bottle in Mystery Canyon this year. :( (Hopefully that's all I left)

I have some peep at best friends.. you want a new one

I'm waiting for the f-stop Loka backpack I ordered a few weeks ago to get here. It's been on backorder for a while. I ordered it with a Medium ICU, but may pick up a Small ICU in the future.

Besides having everything I'm looking for in a camera bag, I like the fact that I can remove the ICU completely and just use it as a regular backpack, too.

http://fstopgear.com/en/product/mountain/loka

I'm waiting for the f-stop Loka backpack I ordered a few weeks ago to get here. It's been on backorder for a while. I ordered it with a Medium ICU, but may pick up a Small ICU in the future.

Besides having everything I'm looking for in a camera bag, I like the fact that I can remove the ICU completely and just use it as a regular backpack, too.

http://fstopgear.com/en/product/mountain/loka

I will be curious to hear your opinion on that pack once you put a few miles on it. The shoulder harness on the f-stop packs always looks weak and uncomfortable to me but that observation has only been made based on their online photos. I have seen and tried on most of the Clik packs at the outdoor retailer shows in SLC. Pretty bomb proof stuff, if anything my clik hiker pro is a bit over built. The 2012 hiker that's yet to be released is pretty insane. Bigger, lighter, and enough storage space for multi-day backpacking.

I've had the Clik Elite Hiker for a while and I'm just not very happy with it. It's too large for a day pack and I'm just not happy with the camera storage area.

I'm really hoping I'll like the Loka.

I really love my Black Diamond Instinct 28L

black-diamond-instinct-backpack.jpg

I was looking at this pack before I got the Dakine Sequence. I ended up getting the Sequence because it could hold all my camera gear and I can always take out the photo pack and use it as a regular backpack. Black Diamond makes some good stuff though.

...I've been wanting that Contrejour or the smaller cloudscape. Just can't get one till I can make an excuse to get rid of my probody (which I feel is on the heavier side and ahem ugly-compared-to-their-newer-ones).

on the dakine sequence...that bag is huge IMO for a day pack. and I feel like its heavy even though its really not. certainly is pretty comfy and lots of bells on it... it offers a lot of camera space but little space dedicated for anything else. All I use it for is when I go do kickers (snowboarding) in the backcountry with my buddies where I don't really need much beyond my camera gear and my snowboard. no hydration sleeve on it and just two zipper pockets for 9 oz bottled waters... i don't think its a good fit for a day pack. but that's just my opinion haha

...I've been wanting that Contrejour or the smaller cloudscape. Just can't get one till I can make an excuse to get rid of my probody (which I feel is on the heavier side and ahem ugly-compared-to-their-newer-ones).

on the dakine sequence...that bag is huge IMO for a day pack. and I feel like its heavy even though its really not. certainly is pretty comfy and lots of bells on it... it offers a lot of camera space but little space dedicated for anything else. All I use it for is when I go do kickers (snowboarding) in the backcountry with my buddies where I don't really need much beyond my camera gear and my snowboard. no hydration sleeve on it and just two zipper pockets for 9 oz bottled waters... i don't think its a good fit for a day pack. but that's just my opinion haha

Yep, it depends on what you are looking for in a day pack. The Sequence has a lot if camera space and that's why I like it. Also, if I don't fill all the camera pack up with camera gear I usually put some of my other gear in there next to my camera stuff. I think I might be worried about a water bladder system leaking and getting on my camera gear. To each his own I guess.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk