Hi there,

Pika

Hi there,
Dunno....Dunnooooooo.....Dunno what to saaaaaaay. Living in CO but originally from Europe.......Love meeting new peeps.....Have explored a bunch of cool places but there are so much more to explore that a lifetime is not enough for it. I am always up for some adventure. I am not in it for athletic feat (?) but more for the wandering, the exploration, the cool peeps, the experiences and blablabla. I hope I posted this at the right spot.....:)

Mountains or desert? Both?
Both. I hike as much as I can during summer in CO`s mountains. I do nuthing during the winter except dreaming about the canyons and the desert. But when spring finally comes around, I am all thrilled the squeeze in couple desert hikes. And couple more if possible during the fall before the big freeze comes.

I prefer the deserts in the summer when the monsoon is raging. With proper elevation and shade it can be a great experience.

what part of CO are you in? I'm in Denver. Winter's a great time to get into the mountains - hardly anyone hiking/snowshoeing!

what part of CO are you in? I'm in Denver. Winter's a great time to get into the mountains - hardly anyone hiking/snowshoeing!
I live in COS. Winter - yes but it s also cold and snowy......Im trying to keep an open mind here though.

It's just a matter of keeping your eye on the weather forecast in July - Sept. Go to any high elevation and wait for the storms to roll in. Very few tourists in summer and most of them are near pavement. Let me know if you need some tips for high elevation locations.

Back