Hello from Connecticut

Welcome fellow Nutmegger! Greetings from Old Lyme.
I'm just back from a week in the Trinity Alps, NoCal. Put that on your list! I'll be writing up a trip report soon.
 
Hey you're not too far away from me I'm over in Branford. Do you mostly get up to camping and backpacking trips or any peak bagging as well?
 
Super close! What are your favorite hikes in CT??
I've been doing at least one week-long backpacking trip a year since 1998. We generally choose a different Wilderness Area each year, with Wind River and the Pemi - 3 times each - being the exceptions. I'm happy to bag peaks as long as I don't have to carry extra gear (non-technical). I like to travel pretty light because I'm also toting camera gear... Here are the last 13 or so years: https://randakag.smugmug.com/Wilderness. I hope to clean up and add earlier trips over the winter.
Do you subscribe to Appalachia, the AMC's journal? Lots of climbing/ers in the current issue. And great writing, of course.
 
Looks like you have been on some pretty sick trips! Im not a amc member but I have decided I want to add staying at all the huts to my bucket list. I don't really have a favorite hike in ct. I was going to say Mt race or Mt everett but then I remembered they are over the border in mass. I don't typically hike much around here apart from training loops at sleeping giant. If I'm feeling the itch for something more I usually head to New York to Minnewaska or the catskills or if I have the time to the high peaks. You must have bagged everything in the north east by now. What's on your bucket list?
 
Back
Top