Hawks Rest/Bridger Lake area

TeamJenkins17

“Going to the mountains is going home”.
Has anyone been to the Hawks Rest/Bridger lake area? Just wondering how it is over in that area. I’ve put together several options for my Teton Wilderness Trip in late July this year and was looking at this possible loop as an option as well.

Attachments

• 9AFC6E90-131C-45D7-9083-28CC8815B652.png
    9AFC6E90-131C-45D7-9083-28CC8815B652.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
This is one of my favorite trip reports on here. https://backcountrypost.com/threads/teton-wilderness-ariz-creek-to-brooks-lake-july-2016.6192/
They went right through that area. And there are some photos as well. I know there is a handful of other members on here that have been there as well.
Thanks a ton for the link, what an incredible and informative write up!! I absolutely cannot wait to get out there, all I do everyday is watch videos and study the area haha. There’s simply just so much to see that you could literally spend a lifetime out there exploring. Here is a link to a really great video of some of that area, definitely check it out if you have time, well worth watching.

Thanks a ton for the link, what an incredible and informative write up!! I absolutely cannot wait to get out there, all I do everyday is watch videos and study the area haha. There’s simply just so much to see that you could literally spend a lifetime out there exploring. Here is a link to a really great video of some of that area, definitely check it out if you have time, well worth watching.

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend one's free time! Haha.

Joey, who made that video, actually used to be a fairly regular contributor on here. He's done quite a few trips out there. I ran into him at Brooks Lake a couple years ago, actually. I wish I had the time and dedication to do the big trips like he does. Great source of inspiration for trips to the GYE!

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend one's free time! Haha.

Joey, who made that video, actually used to be a fairly regular contributor on here. He's done quite a few trips out there. I ran into him at Brooks Lake a couple years ago, actually. I wish I had the time and dedication to do the big trips like he does. Great source of inspiration for trips to the GYE!
Joey is definitely an incredible guy to say the least, the places he gets to see are an absolute dream to many of us. He and I are actually talking about planning a Brooks Range Trip next August and possibly a Wind River high route trip for 2021. He’s given me some awesome advice so far on the Teton Wilderness trip and just this video alone really has been useful for navigating up and out of the Thorofare Creek area and over toward Marston Pass. He’s always out in the backcountry so there’s not much opportunity to talk to him lol

Has anyone been to the Hawks Rest/Bridger lake area? Just wondering how it is over in that area. I’ve put together several options for my Teton Wilderness Trip in late July this year and was looking at this possible loop as an option as well.

Been there a couple of times. Be sure and get a drink from the spring at the patrol cabin - some of the best water I've ever tasted.

Last edited:
Been there a couple of times. Be sure and get a drink from the spring at the patrol cabin - some of the best water I've eve tasted.

View attachment 78354
Thank you sir! We’ll definitely have to make it a point to make a stop there. Nothing compares to good mountain spring water!