Got photo calendars? Let's see them!

SteveR

An idea for a thread on a frigid - 30 C day in Alberta (and week, it's getting colder!)
I've been doing photo calendars as Christmas gifts for 20 years now- and smart phones with reminders etc. notwithstanding- the old school calendars still seem to be appreciated by family members both near and far as a way of seeing what we have been up to in the previous year.
Does anyone else still do these? I'll get things going with my 2022 calendar selections, all from 2021, in no particular order:
_1000177-copy.jpg_1240060-copy.jpg_1250082-copy.jpg_1250284-copy.jpg_1250964-copy.jpg_1260355-copy.jpg_1260694 copy.jpg_1260877-copy.jpgP1120116-copy.jpgP1130708-copy.jpgP1140665-copy.jpgP1140702-copy.jpgP1150148-copy.jpg

We need a good bog shot with the Scatman stuck in it. Hey, hows about a series of Scatster shots - one with rattlers, one on the tracks waiting for the nonexistent train, one after eating all that chili, etc. I bet it would sell like crazy.

We need a good bog shot with the Scatman stuck in it. Hey, hows about a series of Scatster shots - one with rattlers, one on the tracks waiting for the nonexistent train, one after eating all that chili, etc. I bet it would sell like crazy.

I'd have to think of where the railroad tracks shots are, and I have none of me after eating a big bowl of chili, so I'll substitute downfall that I've had to hike through on some of my backpacking trips in the past instead.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

1. Near a tributary of the Little Firehole River
2. Further east along the same tributary of the Little Firehole, near some thermal features
3. Bog near Broad Creek
4. Crossing said bog
5. Bog near Sour Creek - a real nasty one that I got stuck in up past my belly button - sorry no pictures of my predicament
6. Grandeur Peak rattler
7. Grandeur Peak rattler
8. Millvue Peak rattler
9. Jack's Mountain rattler
10. On my way to Fairyland Basin downfall
11. On my way to Big Bear Lake downfall
12. Old Fountain Stagecoach Road downfall

I'd have to think of where the railroad tracks shots are, and I have none of me after eating a big bowl of chili, so I'll substitute downfall that I've had to hike through on some of my backpacking trips in the past instead.

View attachment 105808
View attachment 105809
View attachment 105810
View attachment 105811
View attachment 105812
View attachment 105813
View attachment 105814
View attachment 105815
View attachment 105816
View attachment 105817
View attachment 105818
View attachment 105819

1. Near a tributary of the Little Firehole River
2. Further east along the same tributary of the Little Firehole, near some thermal features
3. Bog near Broad Creek
4. Crossing said bog
5. Bog near Sour Creek - a real nasty one that I got stuck in up past my belly button - sorry no pictures of my predicament
6. Grandeur Peak rattler
7. Grandeur Peak rattler
8. Millvue Peak rattler
9. Jack's Mountain rattler
10. On my way to Fairyland Basin downfall
11. On my way to Big Bear Lake downfall
12. Old Fountain Stagecoach Road downfall

After my close call(s) with rattlesnakes….I now see th wisdom goin thru bogs as I have NEVER met a rattlesnake that would go within a mile of a bog! I heard they hate neon colors too..nice bright green..I’m bring rope to rope us all up like glacier crossings..bog crossings need to be roped up too!

The more I think about this, a BCP "Adventures of Scatman" Calendar might really fill up the website's coffers.

It was before my time, but I recall seeing a Scatman clad in a bikini top in the snow picture. Its the sort of thing that one can't really unsee but would be an excellent choice for one of the winter months.

I have a couple submissions to offer for consideration:

Scatster sniffing a coneflower. Perhaps useful for a spring month even thought this picture is clearly taken in the fall.

5J5A5479A.JPG

Scatman Bleeding. Good for any month of the year really.

5J5A5550.JPG

Bearded Scat. Is there a month that celebrates a National Goatee Day? :thinking:

5J5A9853.JPG

Perhaps one of my favorites, Ex-Scat-mination. Obviously destined for September.

5J5A9645.JPG

Hopefully Hugh forgives me for posting these photos. Again. :)

In terms of what @SteveR was getting at with his original post I do try to make myself a calendar (still need to work on 2022) that includes pictures from the previous year's outdoor adventures. Mine also incorporates a number of my other hobbies/activities so probably not the kind of pictures that most BCP members would want to see. ;)

It's a good thing that it wasn't sponsored by the Eastern Siberian Times else we would all be in big trouble!

This was a pickle it was. I was wearing my Merrill Moab Ventilators, and I was about to lose both of them to the bog. I had to move them ever so slightly in order to free myself. Also, I had my hiking poles laid out perpendicular to my body in front of me to help me get some leverage. Of course, it didn't help that my kids were laughing at me and my predicament.

If @TractorDoc had dangled some circus peanuts out in front of me, I probably could have escaped the muck much quicker. But alas, we hadn't crossed paths by this time. He was still lurking in the shadows I'm afraid. :D

The more I think about this, a BCP "Adventures of Scatman" Calendar might really fill up the website's coffers.

It was before my time, but I recall seeing a Scatman clad in a bikini top in the snow picture. Its the sort of thing that one can't really unsee but would be an excellent choice for one of the winter months.

I have a couple submissions to offer for consideration:

Scatster sniffing a coneflower. Perhaps useful for a spring month even thought this picture is clearly taken in the fall.

View attachment 105865

Scatman Bleeding. Good for any month of the year really.

View attachment 105866

Bearded Scat. Is there a month that celebrates a National Goatee Day? :thinking:

View attachment 105868

Perhaps one of my favorites, Ex-Scat-mination. Obviously destined for September.

View attachment 105867

Hopefully Hugh forgives me for posting these photos. Again. :)

In terms of what @SteveR was getting at with his original post I do try to make myself a calendar (still need to work on 2022) that includes pictures from the previous year's outdoor adventures. Mine also incorporates a number of my other hobbies/activities so probably not the kind of pictures that most BCP members would want to see. ;)

You didn't know that I was actually one of the Marx Brothers thus the 'stache! As is quite obvious, and pretty much everybody knows, sniffing is a very important trait when on the trail.

from wiki: Bog snorkelling is a sporting event where competitors aim to complete two consecutive lengths of a 60 yards (55 m) water-filled trench cut through a peat bog in the shortest time possible, wearing traditional snorkel, diving mask and flippers, they complete the course without swimming, relying on flipper power alone.

A newer variant of the sport has surfaced in, of all places, Yellowstone National Park, where few realize how extensive the bogs are. The current Yellowstone champion is a fellow named Scatman, who has apparently broken all the rules (including the one of no kilts allowed) to achieve his Big Bog Snorkeling Crown.

Last edited:
It's a good thing that it wasn't sponsored by the Eastern Siberian Times else we would all be in big trouble!

This was a pickle it was. I was wearing my Merrill Moab Ventilators, and I was about to lose both of them to the bog. I had to move them ever so slightly in order to free myself. Also, I had my hiking poles laid out perpendicular to my body in front of me to help me get some leverage. Of course, it didn't help that my kids were laughing at me and my predicament.

If @TractorDoc had dangled some circus peanuts out in front of me, I probably could have escaped the muck much quicker. But alas, we hadn't crossed paths by this time. He was still lurking in the shadows I'm afraid. :D
You probably could have spread some circus peanuts on top of the bog and just walked on out of the bog. I knew they had some sort of positive use.

For years I would prepare a calendar for my mom. I rarely got to see them as they were mailed direct to her. When she passed in Nov. 2018 I grabbed them all (9). I rediscovered them this year and I have decided to hang everyone of them up on my walls. I will treat them like a screensaver and turn them every month. No........I am hanging them without the dates showing as that would be really weird. "oh look, mom has an eye appointment coming up!"