Gore Tex glue

Duke

Mountain Carver
I am looking to attach a patch to a Gore Tex Patagonia jacket and am just not sure I can sew holes in it. I'm sure they could be sealed but it is still causing me grief. Like spanking a baby kind of thing :) Sooooo....certainly one of you has done some Gore Tex repair or even attachments using a glue that worked?? I would love to hear what you used! Any gore tex gluers out there?

I've heard good things about seam grip for this type of repair. I haven't tried it myself but you can find many videos on youtube that walk you through the process.

I have some Patagonia pieces with 'temporary' repairs using tenacious tape that has held on for 3 years now - even through washing.

Patagonia also has some instructables posted for DIY repairs of outerwear: http://www.patagonia.com/us/worn-wear-repairs

tenacious tape works well - get the clear color. You could also take it to the patagonia outlet store and they can help you (people who have this done told me this).

#1 option Seam Seal (very small amount) by McNett and Tenacious tape on the inside of the jacket. Lay it flat and wipe off anything that comes to the outside of the jacket. If the repair looks like it will not hold then try the same thing on front.

#2 option is to sew it (may use seamstress for quality work) and then use iron on gore tex seam sealer inside the jacket that they sell on eBay or McNett seam seal on the inside.

#3 send it in for professional repair (google gore tex repair)

The McNett seam seal works very well with gore tex. I used it a while back on an Arcteryx Theta AR jacket That had the seams separating. The trick is to use as little as possible and with a tear give it a fabric backing.

Thank you all....very good info. I knew this was the right crowd to ask :)

One last thing, you may try spraying rubbing alcohol on the inside of your jacket to test for leaks. I guess if there is a hole it will turn dark. I used it to test for pinholes in a pair of Simms GTX G3 Waders.