Google Earth Pro is Free

Haha ..... I just got mine. Works great. Try again.... it's lying

Me too!
I Read it yesterday on a online journal. Works really great. :)

Gesendet von iPad mit CrapaTalk

Tried this four times the day it was announced. Rejected/failed every time. Unless there's a compelling reason to switch from normal Earth, I'm done wasting time on it.

Because you'll be a PRO! I used a different email my second time around.

So I read some stuff about why pro is better but I didn't really see much that affected me. Anyone else?

Ha mine went right thru 1st time. Even used fake names, etc. And it didn't find my pirate one on my PC. I must live right :)

The imaging looked higher resolution and more crisp to me, but like Steve, that may be a placebo affect for me.

Ha mine went right thru 1st time. Even used fake names, etc. And it didn't find my pirate one on my PC. I must live right :)
There doesn't seem to be a need to fill out names etc, just download the pro version as indicated on the form as follows:

Sign up is no longer required for Google Earth Pro. Click here to download Earth Pro, then sign in using your email address and the License Key GEPFREE.

Anyway, it worked for me without anything else.

There are some cool demographic layers you can turn on on the left. House value and demographics for instance. Not all that much faster for me and still painfully slow on my Mac. vs. my backup Windoze machines.

Macincrack ............................. :tongue:

I just noticed that when I draw a path I can now see and play with the elevation profile without turning it into a line. That's nice.

Caved after they put up the sign-up workaround. It definitely doesn't feel any faster to me in general usage.

The one compelling case I can see to GEP though is creation of 1080 HD tour videos. This is from my exploratory hike up to Lake Lorena last summer. The camera is following my actual GPS track. Youtube compressed the video badly but the raw output from Google Earth is surprisingly good.