GoLite Imogene Tent

Nick

-
Anyone seen the new GoLite Imogene UL2 and UL3 tents? They look pretty dang awesome. Free standing and the UL2 weighs in at 2 lbs 6 oz. Add to that the fact that it can be had for a meager $250 direct from GoLite and I find myself wondering if it's time to add another tent to my gear shelf. It was apparently just named 'Best Ultralight Freestanding Tent' by Backpacker mag as well.

Thoughts? Anyone have much experience with GoLite tents? Would love some input.

It almost looks like you could sit in there in a light rain without doing up the door... that would be way nice.

golite-imogene-ul2.jpg

that is a sexy tent, but having just set up my new tarptent nook i am completely in love. you can't sway me. that being said, this is nice but it looks like not a lot of ventilation or ventilation options? anything golite that i have, i have found to be very good quality and durable, but i only have their clothes. i do like the overhanging beak on the front, nemo does that on a couple of their tents too, which seems like a smart idea.

agreed jen, looks very similar to the easton kilo series tents, and they suffered from massive condensation issues. it's a very lightweight design, but probably not a perfect one.

i also don't like the entry at the head, like the shangri la 1 i currently use. but, when you consider the weight, i am happy to make a few compromises... love to see one in person.

I checked it out at the Golite store in Lehi last week. Looks nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

i have a sl-1 and sl-3. neither would work for tall folks if you want the inners...

Just picked up this tent in my area at the local golite store. First impressions are great. Weighs only a few oz more than the flycreek and has more room. Materials are the same. Tent does stand on its own however to maximize toe room, one must stake the corners. Very stable when staked (even before the guyouts). Tent designed by MH super mega ul tent designer. Uses all DAC hardwear (poles, clips, etc.). Def give two thumbs up. Will take on a few Sierra trips this season to field test it. Recommend a second look for anyone in the market

Im 5'10" and I felt there was a little room to spare (depending on size and weight, that can change dramatically). Due to the floor shape there is 2 lengths given. 87" from front center to rear center/ 78" from front sides to rear sides. I would use side measurements. Im 70" so in theory 8 more to spare. I included the backpacker magazine review that had insight on taller people. The tent won best ultralight tent 2013

tents_big.jpg

Anyone seen the new GoLite Imogene UL2 and UL3 tents? They look pretty dang awesome. Free standing and the UL2 weighs in at 2 lbs 6 oz. Add to that the fact that it can be had for a meager $250 direct from GoLite and I find myself wondering if it's time to add another tent to my gear shelf. It was apparently just named 'Best Ultralight Freestanding Tent' by Backpacker mag as well.

Thoughts? Anyone have much experience with GoLite tents? Would love some input.

It almost looks like you could sit in there in a light rain without doing up the door... that would be way nice.

View attachment 8441

Hi Nick,

So I just purchased the Imogene UL3 and I can attest to the tent breaking the Mold for Super Ultralight 3 Person Tents. The Quality is what I would have to say better than BA Tents, and I know as I own the FC UL2.

I have to say I was completely shocked by the quality I was not expecting it to be as good as it is.

I also would have to conclude that it's the best use of 38 sq. ft. than I have ever seen, most 3 Person Tents are larger and don't have the room the Imogene UL3 has. The floor in this tent was perfectly cut, not sure how the made it so clean tight and when sent up even on carpet in the house the floor has no ripples or pulled areas lays out smooth. The head room is amazing. I am just under 6' tall and I can nearly sit straight up at the far rear of the tent. That means if you have say 3 men in the tent that were all 6 foot tall the other two would have huge amount of head room at the front of the tent on each corner and not even be close I had my Wife and Daughter in the tent and we could have had two more people playing cards and all sitting up with out even being close. A lot of thought and design must have went into this tent by GoLite.

Not to mention the price how did they do it for only $299.99 ?

So also the tent comes with 9 stakes the extra tent stake is normally included in case you break on in the field, plus the pole repair these I guess could be left behind if you were weight crazy.

So then goes out this weekend on a trip that will be 18 miles round trip I will let you know how it is to carry for one person for two hikers this tent would be only 1.7 oz. each which is nothing.

I think avid backpackers would be hard-pressed to find a tent as good with so many features.

The front awning sticks out just right past the threshold of the tent which is great as you can leave it open in the rain provided its not a monsoon.

The front pop-up vent is well placed and could also be left open with no rain coming in.

What else can I say I love the design so much livability in the tent such a nice color, design and all the hardware is top-notch.

Take Care all will report back again soon.