Flooding in Yellowstone National Park and Adjacent Areas of Montana Today June 13, 2022

There will be a ton of 1-star reviews of the park, written by people who had to cancel their vacation plans and won't get to see any wildlife.
Good hope those reviews will keep some people away

Just want to note that although lines are common at certain times at the West Yellowstone Gate lines there and near Flagg Ranch were exacerbated because the gates were closed until 08:00. When the gates are open 24/7 those lines should be monumentally shorter.
Then we get the free-for-all again.

Well... it belongs to us all and we are ALL tourists there. Nobody should feel entitled or better than anyone else.
Never said that............. with the hordes the experience suffers......

Everyone... But the numbers visiting daily need to be controlled

I thought that was what they ere trying to do.

But it really is a shame everyone goes to the same places. Sometimes I think people like the feeling of security that comes with hoards, and those of us who don't are anomalies.

I am in agreement with Bob and Jon Carbaugh. I hope the ALPS system or another limited entry program goes forward permanently even though I know it will bring more people onto the adjacent National Forest lands I love.

I am in agreement with Bob and Jon Carbaugh. I hope the ALPS system or another limited entry program goes forward permanently even though I know it will bring more people onto the adjacent National Forest lands I love.

I think you vastly overestimate the people visiting the parks. People visit National Parks to see certain things. They visit because someone visited and said, "you have to see X" They visit to take their selfie reel at a famous location in the park. People who visit National Forest lands or similar are going to avoid the masses and immerse themselves in nature. They're people who really want the solitude and quiet a wilderness area provides. The vast majority of National Park visitors barely get out of the car or hike more than a mile. I see it all the time in Rocky Mountain National Park, my "home" park. Get a mile out from the trailhead and the number of people goes down exponentially. That's not the same in Monuments, National Forests, etc. where it's more consistently less likely to see additional humans - depending on the location of course.

I can also say that the reservation system, while a pain for out of town travelers who were unaware of the system in the first couple of years, makes a visit to the park far more enjoyable - even in the very busy areas.

The ones visiting certian "attractions" in a park are the ones causing the congestion and destruction

I think you vastly overestimate the people visiting the parks.
With all due respect I've been in Greater Yellowstone a considerable amount of time since the Nixon Administration. I know all about tourists and the priorities of many of them from observation and having worked for our Chamber of Commerce. I also know with the Pandemic area National Forest Front Country usage has EXPLODED with folks focused on our two Parks. What people are looking for changes when their opportunities become more limited. In terms of backcountry usage I have been inundated with inquiries about the BTNF and SNF from people that canceled their Yellowstone plans. When it comes to daily entry many folks will logically decide to stage close by with their more limited windows for YNP visitation, thereby increasing Forest usage. While I don't see us going the distance California has had to with National Forests any time soon with the entirely different outdoor recreation landscape we now have compared to just a decade or so ago I will welcome permitting for places like Alaska Basin, Teton Pass Backcountry Skiing, Cirque of the Towers, Island Lake, Titcomb, Goodwin Lake, Granite Creek Approaches of the Gros Ventre, etc.

Bryan Batchelder​

23h ·
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Yel...iH1oi2JzEJ1_wpfV_koEV8v9TMuleC8&__tn__=,O,P-R
I want to start this post by saying I am thinking of all the small communities affected by the floods in recent weeks. I hope they all get back on their feet as soon as possible. I am a CUA holder and now have to go thru West Yellowstone. Took a tour today and was unsure how the entrance would go since I went last Wednesday and the entry was a huge disaster. Two hours in line. Today was remarkably different, drove up at 8:30 and was third in line to the gate.
I want to share with all of you that the new system in place has been such a blessing in disguise. We saw so many animals in places I have never seen. There is no traffic. The stress level is way down. There is such a different vibe, it’s amazing. The infrastructure of the park can actually handle the amount of people that pass thru the gates. There is parking anywhere you go, much shorter to no lines for bathrooms. No waiting for restaurants to seat you. People seem happier and the animals seem less stressed. For the sanity of all the workers, animals and guests I really hope that this current system stays in place. Thank you to the communities, Park Superintendent and the admin for making these necessary changes and getting us back in the park. Once the park is fully operational I truly hope they consider to keep the new system going. The experience is night and day. It’s really fun to be back in YNP!

I'm in island park... 20 min from west Yellowstone....most people hope the entrance restrictions stay... Even businesses. We've advocated for entrance numbers restriction for years as it's destroying the ecosystem and infrastructures. Much calmer. I'm afraid it will go back like it was.

It's a national park but that doesn't mean it should be overrun.

I wish I could drop everything and go spend a couple weeks in the area. It will be interesting to see if these entrance restrictions stick around for next year.

North loop supposed to open July 2 ......and alternate license plates no more.....

Too bad, nice while it lasted