Fish Lake Fire.... east of Jackson

Bob

Trailmaster
I think this fire will be going big....... Stage 2 evac orders for Brooks Lake area. Paln you late trips accordingly for soke and closed areas.

aaa fish.jpg

aaa fish 2.jpg

Trailheads out of Brooks Lake are closed. Barely made it over the divdie but not to the highway yet..... Highway is open at this time still. Pics off the website.....

aaa Photo_20240823_SamDPhoto.jpg

aaa IMG_1435_r1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ugh, that looks terrible. The whole area looked like a tinderbox ready to go when I drove through a couple weeks ago. I hope this doesn't end up too bad.

They have held the fire just over the county line heading NE..... has not made the Highway yet. Light snowfall the other day helped greatly. Brooks Lake is still at a Level evac tho.

As of this morning 9/3 US 26/287 between the E Boundary of Grand Teton Nat'l Park and Lava Mountain Lodge. Hasnt hit highway yet, burning mostly towards the NW. CDT trail is rerouted

aa fish.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

Thanks @Bob . I have been watching this one, since they keep closing the highway.
It looks like they should get some rain today-or got some rain, but just a little. With the wind, it might do the opposite of help.

Looks like I won't be heading to Dubois to fish the Wind R. this year. Smoke here in Pinedale isn't bad but getting worse. Just got back from 5 days in southern Winds. All clear until yesterday. Also got lucky with smoke and weather the prior week for another 5 day loop. But air quality and weather are changing so figuring out what to do for remaining 2 weeks.

Any Goldens?
Smoke wise....
Beartooths look relatively good
The S Winds still look good

Haven't fished at all yet. Took nephew on 55m loop then 3 friends for another 45m, both out of Big Sandy. Only 4d decent weather window Fri-Mon (supposedly) -too short for golden lakes from Pinedale side.:(

Back