Emergency fun planning!

Jen

Formerly colefeet
So i need some help, utah BCPers. I have a friend suddenly dropping into SLC on sunday night (from canada) and seeing as how 1) i am new here and 2) i work 24 hours in the next two days, i don't have enough time or knowledge to plan an awesome trip for her. she'll be here for 4 days, we will probably snowboard at least two of those, but that leaves a couple days free plus a few evenings. Any suggestions from the masses as to a fun way to do a brewery/pub crawl (i don't live downtown so don't know of too many places yet) or awesome shops to visit (i hear the black diamond store is awesome) or hot springs nearby or wonderful day hikes/snowshoeing within a couple hour drive? by wonderful i mean mindblowing. beautiful rocks or vistas or the like. if it was summer we'd just head south, but with wanting to snowboard/snowshoe i'd like to see some of the area around salt lake that i haven't been to. I did really like lostlandscapes broad's fork trip report, that looks pretty mindblowing for someone from Ontario, but are there more suggestions? thank you!!!!

I don't know about mind blowing, but diamond-fork hotpots can be fun. It's only about 1 and 1/2 hours away, and there are a few pots to choose from.

As for brew-pub crawl, you could start at redrock, walk down to squatters, walk to main st. There I'd suggest a beer at the Beer-hive, or maybe a couple tapas at Eva's. From there you could hit up Juniors for a quick stop, maybe some pool. If that's not enough, there are more options. That is usually enough for one night ;)

i think that would be more than enough :D thanks for the advice! i just looked up the hotpots and that sounds awesome and perfect, thank you!!!!!

the hot springs were awesome and quiet, even though it was a bit of a trek. totally worth it! thanks, guys!!!!

also, beer-hive was super fun too :D Refrigerated strip on the bar to chill your drink? i'm in love...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
GramaNana Emergency Contact Devices / Garmin? Other? Resource Discussions 18
forest dweller What's in your emergency medical kit, if anything? Gear 51
fossana Garmin buys GEOS Emergency Response Coordination Center General Discussion 1
Perry Emergency Bivvy - Any Experience With This one? General Discussion 2
Nick Whats in your First Aid/Emergency kit? Gear 38
Nick Rescue & Emergency Knives Gear 11
regehr (Uintas) Lake Fork Fun Backpacking 8
norwegianxplorer Ski Dogs, Norway, fun days off piste ski touring amazing conditions Winter Sports 0
balzaccom Fun in Mokelumne Canyon Backpacking 1
Ugly Front Range Friday Fun Winter Sports 5
J Lake Mead Natl Recreation Area North Shore scramble fun. Nov. 28-30, 2019 Hiking & Camping 5
Titans Fun shaped Rocks Photography 26
pstm13 Snowshoeing With Kids: So Much Fun it “Yurts.” Winter Sports 11
gnwatts Family Meander Canyon float trip, slow, fun and hot On The Water 4
Titans Surprising winter fun in Fiery Furnace Hiking & Camping 8
TractorDoc Album Fun with Fungus -- aka Mushroom Pictures Photography 34
LarryBoy Absarokas Fun Route - 12 Days of High Adventure Backpacking 21
dug Type 1 Fun. Bikerafting Labyrinth Cyn. On The Water 0
LarryBoy Absorokas Fun Route Trip Planning 13
westy Roost and Swell fun Canyoneering 3
toejam This looks like fun Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
Dave Winter Fun on the North Slope Winter Sports 2
Michael Wire Pass to Lee's Ferry - 4 days adventure and fun (May 2012) Backpacking 25
J Fun remote trails, northern utah? Trip Planning 1
powderglut Kids having fun!! General Discussion 2
Ranger Joe The Great Western Expedition of 2011, Pt.1...Fun with Fins Off Road 1
wsp_scott Redwoods planning help Trip Planning 6
RockyMntCol Trip Planning Younts Peak / South Fork Yellowstone Trip Planning 12
Mikjik86 Another Wind River Trip Planning! Elkhart/Titcomb/Knapsack/Shannons Pass loop back to Elkhart, or continue to Green River Lakes Trailhead? Trip Planning 10
scatman Millcreek Ridge Planning Trip Planning 22
Bob Planning an Expedition type trip....... check this list out ..... Trip Planning 13
RyanP Does knowing the geology of the CO Plateau give practical insight for trip planning? General Discussion 20
wsp_scott Adirondacks planning Trip Planning 10
F Hammond Canyon, UT trip planning Trip Planning 9
6 Uintas Trip Planning Trip Planning 5
seaview53 Sawtooth trip planning. Iron Creek to Tin Cup Trip Planning 4
wsp_scott Yellowstone family trip planning General Discussion 27
McKee80 Trip Planning Puzzle for March Trip Planning 10
J Planning in the COVID-19 era Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
DownPour Bechler Trail Yellowstone Planning for September Trip Planning 2
H Wind River Range route planning Trip Planning 6
Nick New Feature for Supporting Members: Private Trip Planning General Discussion 4
DrNed 2019 Highline Planning - Leidy to Mirror Lake Trip Planning 75
MurrMan81 Help Planning Utah Backpacking Trip Trip Planning 9
Perry Uinta Highline Trail Part II Planning Trip Planning 67
N Planning a last-minute trip this weedend Trip Planning 1
DrNed Help With Float Trip Planning Trip Planning 3
TrektheWorld Planning a family trip to Utah (Park City + more!) Trip Planning 4
P Redwood National Park planning Trip Planning 5
liam loftus Planning a wilderness area backpacking trip. Trip Planning 5