Embedding Maps

Thanks Nick
Nice to know it works.

BTW everyone is welcome to check out the Gmap4 beta version which can display attribute data from GIS servers.
To the best of my knowledge, Gmap4 is the first software based on Google maps that provides this feature as a generic service for GIS data.

Scroll down on the beta page for the map links.
After the map opens, click on a GIS symbol to see the attribute data for the thing you clicked.
Some GIS servers are slow and will take a few seconds.

http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4_beta.html

Joseph, the Gmap4 guy

You can longer use gmap4 to embed maps with routes in them.
This link should show as having a route on it:
HTML:
http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=43.086239,-109.363048&z=10&t=t1&q=mymap,217780698511081208546.0004e48e591342648a249
If you just insert the link raw in a backcountrypost.com thread it doesn't show the route. But if put the link in your webbrowser the route shows up correctly.

View larger map.

You can longer use gmap4 to embed maps with routes in them.
This link should show as having a route on it:
HTML:
http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=43.086239,-109.363048&z=10&t=t1&q=mymap,217780698511081208546.0004e48e591342648a249
If you just insert the link raw in a backcountrypost.com thread it doesn't show the route. But if put the link in your webbrowser the route shows up correctly.

View larger map.

Just testing a map to see if it works.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1frUGlZE7fA5fGOABXl4An0_2ArM&usp=sharing

What shift are you referring to, Nicholas?

The share links now have drive.google.com in the URL. That seems to be new since the maps became part of Drive. The way auto-embed works is that we put in the URLs we expect to receive and automate the placement of the relevant pieces into traditional HTML embed code, usually an iframe. So basically the system is ignoring it because it's not used to seeing drive.google.com.

iframes will never work here. It's HTML and HTML is a no-no on forums for security purposes. If embedding Gaia maps is a feature many people would use, I can create some code that will auto embed.

iframes will never work here. It's HTML and HTML is a no-no on forums for security purposes. If embedding Gaia maps is a feature many people would use, I can create some code that will auto embed.
I have no strong opinion one way or another. Would just be convenient - save me from taking my gaia tracks from gaia to caltopo to embed. I don't share them that often so no real need for just me. Thanks.