East coast backpacking

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows about some really good spots for backpacking near the mid Atlantic region. Would love to see some really nice pics from trips.

Thanks fellow forumers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from Jersey which is in the mid Atlantic region, but then again the mid Atlantic region is HUGE. For example the Adirondack high peaks in NY and the Blue Ridge Mountains of Shenandoah National Park in VA are both in mid Atlantic region states, but about 12 hours driving distance from each other. Which part of the region are you interested in?

If you do Harriman/Bear Mt it's got shelters throughout as well. Besides the AT there's also the Long Path in NJ/NY which is about 300 miles.

Get up to Vermont and do the Lye Brook Wilderness. Beautiful.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows about some really good spots for backpacking near the mid Atlantic region. Would love to see some really nice pics from trips.

Thanks fellow forumers

Where in the mid-Atlantic are you located? How far are you interested in driving? Tons of good stuff in Virginia and W. Virginia that I've done personally or have on my "to hike" list.

If you are interested in the Adirondacks I have bunch of trip report videos you can look at. There are a number from the Northville-Placid Trail (122 mile long trail through the heart of the Adirondacks currently celebrating it's 90th anniversary), 1 from the 5 Ponds Wilderness Area in the Adirondacks and a few more outside of the Adirondacks in the Finger Lakes Region. If anything peaks your interest let me know how I can help you plan. Enjoy planning your outing!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkp7PuDBgnAGYHzK9uS70rf2iPY9yftqZ

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkp7PuDBgnAHVSANW3IiVFf-RjNl6nLL6

Subscribed... wow you have a lot of videos. I'm sure your channel will keep me entertained for weeks.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J East Coast to Unitas Trip Recommendations Trip Planning 4
T Greetings from the East Coast Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
JDWalters East Coast noob here Noobs: Introduce yourself! 7
Tres Westbrook Down East Maine - Cutler Coast Preserve Trails Hiking & Camping 4
Vegan.Hiker East coast hiker visiting Utah Trip Planning 28
TrailScot Day hike in the Upper East Side of Zion - October 2023 Hiking & Camping 5
Kullaberg63 Suggestions for Escalante east of river, south of Choprock Trip Planning 4
Dreamer Way, way Down East Backpacking 13
scatman East Millcreek Ridge - July 2, 2022 Hiking & Camping 21
Duketogo13 Hello from the East Bay! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 17
zionsky ZNP East Entrance Visitor Center General Discussion 2
Dustynails0 Beartooth lake to East rosebud traverse Trip Planning 6
Ross Anyone want to do East Fork Fat Man's Misery-Barracks-Labyrinth Falls Oct 15 (tues) Trip Planning 0
J How is the dirt road to the East Fork of Blacks Fork TH? Trip Planning 1
Ross Invite Boundary/Kolob/Narrows & East Fork Fat Man’s/Labyrinth Falls (Oct) Meet Up (Members Only) 4
regehr floating East Canyon Creek in a packraft? Trip Planning 3
Lowro East Temple Peak - Wind River Range Backpacking 13
chandlerwest Just Some Drainage in the East side of Zion Nat'l Park Hiking & Camping 9
Born to Hike Clements Lake and East Basin in the High Uintas, mid-July 2018 Backpacking 6
Noun Sequitur El Malpais East, Lava Falls Trail Hiking & Camping 5
N Canyon Routes on East Side of Trachyte Creek Trip Planning 2
Perry Uinta Highline trail - East to West - Mission Accomplished! Backpacking 24
George_Washington_Hayduke White Roost Canyons (east and west forks) & North Fork of Robbers Roost Canyon Canyoneering 3
J Camping outside East entrance of Zion NP General Discussion 2
chandlerwest Zion Nat'l Park - Rim of the East Canyons Hiking & Camping 5
Perry Uinta Highline Trail - East to West Backpacking 21
Artemus Zion east entrance road closed General Discussion 1
Curt Grand Canyon --Tanner - Escalante Route - East Tonto - Grandview Backpacking 21
LarryBoy Beartooths - East/West Traverse (any/all advice welcome!) Trip Planning 15
Writhdar Red Breaks Northeast & East Forks Loop? (Escalante area) General Discussion 3
Ross Invite: Exploring Little Colorado's north rim + Colorado East Rim viewpts Trip Planning 3
blueeyes East Idaho backpacking suggestions Trip Planning 11
Ross Misery Canyon just east of Zion - west or east fork? Trip Planning 5
Christian Canyoneering East Blarney, Big Springs East, hiking to some less frequented areas in Moab Canyoneering 4
IntrepidXJ East Fork of Pollock Canyon Hiking & Camping 2
Desertrat East Cedar Mountain Hiking & Camping 4
Nick Choprock East Access Trip Planning 3
toejam East Deck Loop Hiking & Camping 4
Scott Chandler Summer in the CPW- Tour 5 on the East Side Backpacking 3
Scott Chandler Summer in the CPW- Tour 2- East Side Hiking & Camping 5
Curt Bright Angel - East Tonto - Grandview Trails Backpacking 12
Ron Diel Noob from Out East Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
uinta_eagle Solo Uintas Loop From East Fork of the Bear Backpacking 5
ram East Face of Mix-Up Mountain Backpacking 4
Dave Boy Scouts kill bear at East Fork of the Bear General Discussion 17
Seldom Seen Anderson East Fork/Barracks Trip Planning 9